Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LECOM-Erie Accepted or Alt-Listed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by tcamdg, May 9, 2007.

1. tcamdg

Medical Student
    Has anyone who interviewed at LECOM-Erie in April been accepted or alt-listed? Has anyone been alt-listed and since accepted?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 139230

139230 Guest

Pre-Medical
    I interview late March and was put on the alternate list in early April. I know a couple of people who interviewed in late February and in March that were put on the alternate list too.

I haven't heard anything about the people who were interviewed in April though. Rumor has it that the last interview date was April 30th...but I'm not sure. Hope you hear some good news soon! Let us know!

4. tcamdg

Medical Student
    I interviewed in April and have been put on the alternate list.

If they were putting people on as alternates in February, I wonder how big the list really is. People on here seem to be saying that the list isn't too big. Have you (or anyone else) heard how much of the list they go through? At LECOM-Bradenton they said they typically go through half of the alternate list.

And I also wonder how late people are actually taken off the alternate list, and how many. In the hopeful event that I'm accepted, I'd like to be able to give my employer sufficient notice. :confused:

5. aleksap

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed at the very end of march and was waitlisted. I'm waiting for signs that the movement has started - if any of you alternates out there get pulled off the waitlist don't forget to let us know!

They wouldn't tell me a specific number regarding how many they typically pull off the list, but I was told they use it "a lot."

I know what you mean though, b/c I have been waitlisted at 3 schools with no acceptances in the US, so I am going to take a year off and try again. The most annoying thing is trying to decide what to do with my time, because if I get a real job after graduation, then get pulled off the waitlist, I will be quitting so soon after starting and that's not nice. But what can you do...!

Good luck to all the alternates!

6. 139230

139230 Guest

Pre-Medical
    check out this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=368287&page=3

you'll see what the other people in your position have found out ... or should i say, haven't found out!

good luck to yall.