1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LECOM Erie and Seton Hill Campus Info

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by iceman1290, Aug 8, 2011.

1. iceman1290

Pre-Medical
    I am applying to LECOM and wondering which campus would be best overall. I would visit the facilities myself, but I am not able at the moment. I was wondering what are some pros and cons of each of the campus locations. Any information about either location would be very beneficial. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Helen Wheels

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, Erie has the Wellness Center which has fantastic gym facilities that are at no charge to LECOM students. It is huge with everything you could want - pools, sauna, indoor track, modern exercise equipment. Really, really great.
    I can't speak too much for the student experience at Erie other than the Wellness Center which I saw at the interview (I am an OMS-1 at SH).

Here are some comments on SH:

Seton Hill is on a beautiful and charming campus in Greensburg. It has a much smaller feel to it since each class only has about 100 students in it (compared to Erie's 250). A lot of the staff/faculty know my name already in the 2nd week.

SH is only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh and all the recreational/social opportunities there.

SH is all PBL pathway so if that is not your thing, you'd be better off in Erie.

4. emtthink

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's all aout what you want in a campus. My first choice was Seton Hill just because of the size of the community. I don't like cities and I would rather live in a small town.

5. iceman1290

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the information! :)