1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

LECOM-Erie Motel 6 vs. Comfort Inn Yes? No?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by cutievans, Feb 27, 2007.

1. cutievans

cutievans Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys so Motel 6 is the cheapest place on the list, they include a shuttle from the airport and to the university as well. But I was a little concerned about safety and how the motel is in general. Any opinions? Is it safe to stay there for a night? If not I was gonna pick Comfort Inn. But what do u all say?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sarikate

Sarikate Full of antioxidants
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I stayed at Comfort Inn and ended up 45 minutes late to the interview because they gave me the wrong directions. Go with a shuttle!!! Motel 6, yeah!

3. OP
    OP
    cutievans

cutievans Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hmm but I comfort Inn has a shuttle too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. trypto82

5+ Year Member

Safety shouldn't be a big issue...you are talking about Erie, PA right?? Usual don't have to worry about big city safety issues

5. Lfribble

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I stayed at the comfort in on w 12th street. It was really nice and with the LECOM discount, not too bad. The school was only about 7 minutes away, I had directions with me.

6. OP
    OP
    cutievans

cutievans Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yep LECOM-PA :)

7. DO2011

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I had made a reservation at the Motel 6 but when I got there and saw the building I called from the parking lot and cancelled. I went to Comfort Inn and for the extra $10 or whatever, it was well worth it. I did drive over to the campus from the Comfort Inn the night before to make sure I wouldn't get lost, but I had no problems.

8. OP
    OP
    cutievans

cutievans Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    dang is it that bad???

9. bkpa2med

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I recommend you stay at Econolodge on Peach. Tell them your going to LECOM and you get a special rate of $59. Call and ask for arrangements for you to get to LECOM.

10. DO2011

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    If it was the only place to stay, I'm sure it would be ok. However, it is behind another building, and looks a little dilapidated. From the parking lot, you could see that some of the rooms on the first floor (i.e. the same level as the parking lot) had broken curtains that didn't cover the windows.... that clinched my decision. This was in October, so they might have improved it by now.

11. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my advice for interviewers in any city: Holiday Inn

Inexpensive but classy.

IMHO, it's a bad idea to stay in a place that doesn't have a professional and classy atmosphere (and most of us can't afford Marriot, Hilton, or the like). That way you wake up well-rested with your gameface on ;)

12. Buckeye4life

Buckeye4life DO, MPT
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I stayed in Motel 6 when I interviewed in November. It's not the Hyatt, and you get what you pay for. But it was clean enough to stay for one night. I got in at 11 the night before, and I wasn't going to pay more for staying in a place for 8 hours.

13. GreenShirt

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I stayed at the Comfort Inn on 12th street, too. It was really nice and only about $55 for the night. It about a 6-7 min drive from campus (not too complicated). Print out directions ahead of time to and from anywhere you think you want to go. I heard if you talk to the shuttle driver, you can arrange to be taken to and picked up from LECOM.

14. OHasan1

i just got back from interviewing there last night and I stayed at comfort inn on 12 th street. They were very nice about dropping me off at lecom and then the driver was nice enough to drop me off at the airport from the school. Just let 'em know before hand what your schedule is and they should make arrangements for you.

15. poormansDO

poormansDO *** member
    5+ Year Member

so both the Motel 6 and Comfort Inn give shuttle service to LECOM, does that have to be arranged a day before or anything or can that be arranged when I get to there, has anybody arranged these services when you got there or did you do it before? does the price depend on getting a room a day before and reserving it or just going there and reserving it on the spot gets charged the same price?

16. OP
    OP
    cutievans

cutievans Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    well i had reserved a room at motel 6 but i cancelled it. there are two comfort Inn's one of em raised their price for that week I am interviewing to 139, dint wanna pay that so i called the other comfort inn and they said that they can't guarantee me a shuttle and I wanted to be sure I had a shuttle. so i called econolodge and they have no rooms for that week. So I ended up getting Motel 6 again. Is anyone staying there? My interview is on March 15th. has anyone stayed there before? cos they said their check out time is at 12 pm and so they just bring u back from the university to the airport so I don't know where I am gonna put my stuff.