LECOM-ERIE, PA C/O 2018 School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkypromise1

PinkyPromise
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any threads for people applying to LECOM-Erie School of Pharmacy for class 2018. The purpose of this thread is for people to share information/ experiences the application process, interviews, or anything related to the pharmacy program that can be helpful for the incoming class. :):penguin:

If you like please share your stats, and other info that can be helpful, and if you have received an interview. Also what would be helpful is information on housing :happy:

Good luck to everyone applying.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I came across this post and figured it was appropriate to continue the discussion. I had interview in October and accepted the matriculation letter that came shortly after! I am from the Erie area, ten miles south, therefore will be living in the house I bought after undergraduate school. I do know living expenses, rent, is reasonable around LECOM!
I have a Biology degree and a Masters in Education.

I came across this post and figured it was appropriate to continue the discussion. I had interview in October and accepted the matriculation letter that came shortly after! I am from the Erie area, ten miles south, therefore will be living in the house I bought after undergraduate school. I do know living expenses, rent, is reasonable around LECOM!
Hi I was wondering if u completed all the pre reqs?? I have a BA & a MA degree. I was placed on the alternate list with contingency that I complete one class. The letter I received said if space becomes available I may get a seat. For fall 2015

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I have my interview with LECOM next week. I am a little nervous but at the same time very excited. I'm a senior biology major and graduate May 2015. :)

Lecom does not have a good rep. Diploma mill. Consider other options. Hate to say this because it's my hometown.

Reactions: 1 user
@tickled_pink how was your interview? what did you think about the school now that you have visited the campus?

Hey guys,
I have an interview at LECOM on Feb 10 2015. Any tips on how to prepare or on what to expect from the process?

Hey guys,
I have an interview at LECOM on Feb 10 2015. Any tips on how to prepare or on what to expect from the process?
I already had my interview. The school is nice, and very clean. The students and faculty were friendly. The interview was a group interview, but it was not that bad. Just relax and be yourself :) I was placed on there alternate list, because i have one more course to finish.

@tickled_pink how was your interview? what did you think about the school now that you have visited the campus?
I love the school, it was really nice, and clean. The area seems small compared to where I come from, but I loved it!!! Have you been to your interview yet?

Hello everyone, I had interview on February 11th. It was a good experience! The faculty and the students are all very friendly, helpful and nice. The school is very clean and well organized. The best part is only 3 years program with good quality education at a more affordable cost. I got acceptance letter in the mail in February 19th. I am so excited! I am going to do my deposit to confirm my attendant. Anyone is going to attend LECOM Erie Pharmacy in this Fall, 2015? See you all there :)!

Lecom does not have a good rep. Diploma mill. Consider other options. Hate to say this because it's my hometown.
Hi Unchained! What do you mean by saying "Lecom does not have a good rep. Diploma mill"? Can you please be more specific? Thank you!

Also, did you graduate from there and are working as a pharmacist? Thank you very much!

Hello everyone, I had interview on February 11th. It was a good experience! The faculty and the students are all very friendly, helpful and nice. The school is very clean and well organized. The best part is only 3 years program with good quality education at a more affordable cost. I got acceptance letter in the mail in February 19th. I am so excited! I am going to do my deposit to confirm my attendant. Anyone is going to attend LECOM Erie Pharmacy in this Fall, 2015? See you all there :)!
Hi Sweetpea17!!! did you complete all of the prerequisities for the program?? or did you have a few classes to complete before starting??

@pinkypromise1 Hey! yes I interviewed there yesterday! surprisingly it was way better than i thought! it was well organized and the facility was great! idk where they are getting all these negative reviews from!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Sweetpea17!!! did you complete all of the prerequisities for the program?? or did you have a few classes to complete before starting??
Hello Pinkypromise1! I did complete all the prerequisites. Yes, I also completed all the classes before school starts this August. However, if you have not, you have a chance to do it from now til beginning of August. Just finish the class(es) that they require during summer and send them your update asap. You never know if there is any seat still available, they may fill you in. I think they do not accept you right away because Lecom only teaches graduate courses. If you are missing one undergraduate class, you cannot really take it at Lecom while you are doing Pharmacy. Good luck Pinkypromsie1!

Hello Champw07,
I also got accepted to Lecom and going to attend it this Fall. I am from the Westcoast, so I start looking for housing in Erie now. Do you know any good and safe area around the school that you suggest me to look into and which place should I stay away :)? I see there are some apartments around Lecom that for Graduate or Professional students. Are they ideal for students like us? Sorry for asking so many questions! I am very new to Erie so kind of nervous! Thank you so much!

Hello Pinkypromise1! I did complete all the prerequisites. Yes, I also completed all the classes before school starts this August. However, if you have not, you have a chance to do it from now til beginning of August. Just finish the class(es) that they require during summer and send them your update asap. You never know if there is any seat still available, they may fill you in. I think they do not accept you right away because Lecom only teaches graduate courses. If you are missing one undergraduate class, you cannot really take it at Lecom while you are doing Pharmacy. Good luck Pinkypromsie1!
thANK YOU!!!!!

I had my interview on March 10th. It was a group interview. I liked the school, faculty was really nice and helpful, students were friendly and welcoming. Didn't hear anything back from them yet. But I am still finishing my prerequisites. Someone who got accepted, can you please share your stats? Is pharmacy experience important aspect that they look at? I have only one day of shadowing... Worried, if that will not satisfy their requirements

I had my interview on March 10th. It was a group interview. I liked the school, faculty was really nice and helpful, students were friendly and welcoming. Didn't hear anything back from them yet. But I am still finishing my prerequisites. Someone who got accepted, can you please share your stats? Is pharmacy experience important aspect that they look at? I have only one day of shadowing... Worried, if that will not satisfy their requirements

hey i also had interview on March 10 and i still didn't hear anything back from them. So i guess we have to wait more than other school. I am also worried because they don't have too many seats left. :(

Hey!!!!! anyone know how long do I have to wait to get the letter from them after interview. Its been a week and i checked the portal and its still saying that
the Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made. so if anyone can help me out with this it would be appreciate.

Hey!!!!! anyone know how long do I have to wait to get the letter from them after interview. Its been a week and i checked the portal and its still saying that
the Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made. so if anyone can help me out with this it would be appreciate.
I just got accepted!! Yay!! So excited!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted and good luck to everyone that's still waiting on an answer. I have an interview in two weeks. I'm excited! Thanks for giving me the heads up about it being a group interview. Fingers crossed that all goes well :) If possible can someone please give me any examples of the types of questions they ask? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, I had an interview on April 14, they were 15 people there that day. They put me on the alternate list, and when I emailed Dr. Rebecca Wise she said right now their class is full. I have no idea why they are still interviewing??????? I believe it's all because of the money! I have a strong background in Science with BS, overall GPA 3.9, science GPA 4.00 and I also have master in biochemistry, my only problem was I applied one day before the deadline. So my question is why they're still interviewing when they don't have available seat.

nice location, nice people, low tuition, good curriculum. highly recommended :)

Wait -- so LECOM automatically places interviewees on the waitlist if they still have to take a pre-requisite course? Even if it's just a class like Economics? In other words, even if you do extremely well on the interview, you get waitlisted until you take the class?

Wait -- so LECOM automatically places interviewees on the waitlist if they still have to take a pre-requisite course? Even if it's just a class like Economics? In other words, even if you do extremely well on the interview, you get waitlisted until you take the class?
I'm a little nervous, I won't finished my prerequisites until May 2016 and my interview is in April...

The interview at LECOM is a complete joke. You can not do 'well' or bad on it. It's behavior based interview. Not an actual math/science exam like the interview process at St. Joseph in CT.

Hi everyone, I had an interview on April 14, they were 15 people there that day. They put me on the alternate list, and when I emailed Dr. Rebecca Wise she said right now their class is full. I have no idea why they are still interviewing??????? I believe it's all because of the money! I have a strong background in Science with BS, overall GPA 3.9, science GPA 4.00 and I also have master in biochemistry, my only problem was I applied one day before the deadline. So my question is why they're still interviewing when they don't have available seat.

They always have an available seat for individuals that are quality canidates. The fact that you waited to the last possible day to do such an important action speaks volumes about your maturity and ability to prioritize. It depends how well you did on the PCAT as well. If you got above a 90% composite score you should be okay.