Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

LECOM Erie Pharmacy 2021 (Entering 2018)

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by scoopydoo123, Sep 20, 2017.

1. DailyDaisies

DailyDaisies Incoming Pharmacy Student for the Class of 2022

Pharmacy Student
    Are you a current student at Erie? I heard in a previous post the school doesn't really help set up students on their rotation sites as well, do you know if that's true?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I'm currently a student at LECOM - Erie and they JUST changed it this year where you can ONLY do your rotations within a certain radius (i think it was around 200 miles) of Erie, PA. Students last year were able to pick and choose wherever they wanted to go. Although, they had to find them on their own (if they wanted to go else where like out of state) it was not as hard as people say it is unless you live in the middle of nowhere. LECOM does have places for students and everyone in my class has already gotten placed somewhere in Erie or surrounding Erie (farthest out that I know of is in Cleveland. I'm not sure if they've been telling you guys during your interviews that you can't do your rotations anywhere, but that was a BIG reason I chose LECOM. If you're looking at other pharmacy schools, I would recommend you consider going there instead unless you don't mind staying in Erie and have to possibly drive an hour to your rotation sites. It's unfortunate for a lot of people in my class bc more than half of us are from out of state and were looking forward to doing our rotations in cities and pharmacies in our home towns that'll actually consider us when we're done with school. Good luck to you all. 1-3 exams/week, 1-2 quizzes/week and 1-2 homework assignments/week. Be prepared for many sleepless nights.

4. Blessedbeyondmeasures

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you for putting up your stats. I am going to be totally honest and say that I am busting my behind to get my GPA up because I know that I have to have a 2.75 and right now I have a 2.57 because I graduated in 2013 with my Bachelors in Biology. 2015 I completed a online program and my Masters is a 3.60. I am currently working towards a Biology certificate online and right now that GPA is a 3.30. My application is verified and my GPA seemed to drop so I don 't really know that to do. I have been a pharmacy tech for 10 years now so my experience is phenomenal. What other things would you recommend I do because if I do not get into the school for this cycle, I will be applying for next cycle during early admission because my Graduate Certificate will be over in October. I will everybody luck.

5. pharmacypro.

MDApps:
    Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi chemist RPh
    How long did it take for you to receive the email after your status changed on the portal?
    I just interview last week Tuesday 3/13, but I never get anything on the email, but my status changed to the decision have been made

6. DailyDaisies

DailyDaisies Incoming Pharmacy Student for the Class of 2022

Pharmacy Student
    Did you receive an email request to do a criminal and drug background test? If so, consider yourself accepted. But I believe it took about 2.5 weeks to receive that email, and another week to receive confirmation of official acceptance.

7. pharmacypro.

MDApps:
    Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you so much, I never get the email and it has been 5 working days from the day I interviewed, but I'm still patiently waiting for the email to get to me, thanks again

8. scoopydoo123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good luck, hope you can move to next step: preparing for your pharmacy career

9. Chemist RPh

Hey, I never received the background check and drug screening email before receiving my letter of acceptance. Some people did and some did not upon acceptance. So don’t worry about it. I went on my interview on the 26th of September and received my letter via postal service in exactly a week after my interview. I did apply early decision though so my processing time was faster as compared to those who applied regular decision, which from what people told me is roughly 2 weeks. My status on the portal was the same after the interview and it stayed that way until I turned in my matricualtion fee and agreement.

10. LECOMDO2011

Attending Physician
    Need housing? I'm a 2011 LECOM-Erie alum with a newly remodeled, furnished, 3 bedroom 1 bath house for rent. The home is furnished with brand new furniture, washer/dryer, appliances, kitchen supplies and linens. Rent is $650/room which includes lawn care, snow removal and all utilities. The home is in a very quiet, safe, family neighborhood with close proximity to LECOM (1.7 miles). No smoking or pets please. Lease is 12 months and can begin on 7/1 or 7/15. Please contact with questions or if you'd like to schedule a showing.

Attached Files:

11. Jefelixpharmd

I applied on 02/28/2018 and thought I was late but they invited me for an interview which took place on 05/15/2018 at the Erie campus for the 3 year program. Today 05/31/2018 my status changed to ‘A decision has been made.' I’m a little nervous about what the decision might be. I still have an interview next week in Florida for the LECOM distance and Bradenton pathways.

12. Membersonly25

Is anyone currently on the wait-list/alternate list?

13. pharmacyphreak

I'm planning on applying to lecom early decision this summer, i don't plan on taking the pcat and i attend a cc but my current GPA is a 3.94 after my first year and i wanted to know if i would be competitive or have a chance of them accepting me for their early decision. I also have 4 years of military experience with extensive leadership experience.