LECOM-Erie Pharmacy Application Thread

Spartan88

Jul 12, 2012
  1. Pharmacy Student
    I was initially on the alternate list but was accepted last Monday (July 9)

In case my stats make anybody on the Alternate List feel better, I posted them below:

My undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0 (2.91 to be exact) but while I was waiting for pharmacy schools to accept me, I started a pharmacy tech program at a local community college and my GPA (at this rate, I won't be finishing the program) was a 3.85, which I submitted to LECOM 2 weeks ago. I have NO pharmacy experience. My recommendations were good and my interview went well (I found LECOM to be very laid-back in their interviewing style) I also had a 90% on the PCAT

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Sheng1028

Apr 5, 2012
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      Congrats to class of 2015!!!
      I was put on alternate list and recently just got accepted.
      I thought that I'm not going to get in for this year. So, lots of things are unprepared yet, especially for housing?
      Do any of you have suggestion for housing? Which neighborhood is cheaper or within walking distance from the campus? Where is the best site/source to look for apartment renting?
      Is anyone still looking for roommate?

About the Ads

RoseBudLA

Mar 29, 2012
      1. Pre-Pharmacy
        Congrats to class of 2015!!!
        I was put on alternate list and recently just got accepted.
        I thought that I'm not going to get in for this year. So, lots of things are unprepared yet, especially for housing?
        Do any of you have suggestion for housing? Which neighborhood is cheaper or within walking distance from the campus? Where is the best site/source to look for apartment renting?
        Is anyone still looking for roommate?

http://www.pastorebuilders.com/

They have a lot of apartments around LECOM.

RXPMCB3

Apr 13, 2012
        1. Pharmacist
          Hi everyone! My husband and I graduated from LECOM pharmacy schools a few years ago and we are moving and looking to rent our house located not even 2 blocks from the school! It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom ranch with a 2 car garage on a corner lot with a large fenced in yard. All kitchen appliances included (all new within the last 4 years) and hookups in the basement for washer/dryer. We're asking $900/mo. water, sewer, garbage Included. Please call 814-932-9007 or email [email protected] if interested!

Spartan88

Jul 12, 2012
          1. Pharmacy Student
            Hey everybody!! I'm looking for a roommate, ideally a female but at this point, gender doesn't matter. Since I'm not initially bringing my car, I'd prefer a place within walking distance to school. If anybody is still looking for a roommate, please email me at [email protected]. If you're looking for a roommate, I will be glad to give you more information about myself

arc1234

May 24, 2010
            1. Pre-Pharmacy
              Dear prepharmpsu2012,
              Do you still remember what time your last year interview at Erie ended? I am in the process of buying ticket for my flight and it would be great if I can go home on the same day of the interview.

eskyesther

Jul 12, 2012
              1. Pre-Pharmacy
                I just have my interview with Erie, PA and I have been reading a lot of negative comments on this school. I was wondering if current students can provide their insights on this school? It is true that students dont get to drink water in class?

About the Ads

jillybeans1

5+ Year Member
                Feb 25, 2011
                1. Pre-Pharmacy
                  hey esky, im not a current student or anything but i know that drinks arent allowed anywhere in the building except the cafeteria. like nothing , not even water in class.

i liked the school though

what did you think?

eskyesther

Jul 12, 2012
                  1. Pre-Pharmacy
                    hey esky, im not a current student or anything but i know that drinks arent allowed anywhere in the building except the cafeteria. like nothing , not even water in class.

i liked the school though

what did you think?
                    the school seems nice when I interviewed and people there seems nice as well. But the weather is too cold. I am California so it is a bit far for me. But the tuition is very tempting, since a lot of CA schools are so expensive. But I honestly don't know what to believe. I read many negative comments on this school from previous sdn posts. I really want to hear a current student at LECOM and tell me their experiences and if they like the school and do they feel the school prepares them for the profession.

missSunshine

Aug 27, 2012
                    1. Pre-Pharmacy
                      Yeah I agree, though the school is beautiful it is so cold there and also not to put the town down it just seems so depressing there. I think Erie is more of a place to visit then to live. I had my interview there but I didnt feel happy there so I will not attend even if I am accepted.

dancingallday

Sep 16, 2011
                      1. Pharmacy Student
                        I just have my interview with Erie, PA and I have been reading a lot of negative comments on this school. I was wondering if current students can provide their insights on this school? It is true that students dont get to drink water in class?

I'm a student in Bradenton, and yes, it's true that both campuses don't allow any sort of food or drink, water included, anywhere in the buildings. You learn to become very good at chugging water from the drinking fountain between classes to stay hydrated. It's an annoying rule, but it doesn't ruin my day. I just study at home instead of at school most times so I can have my food/drink whenever I want. :)

And I've personally worked with several pharmacists who graduated from Bradenton and Erie. They're all very good, so it can't be said that LECOM doesn't prepare you properly for a job.

nynyny

10+ Year Member
                        Mar 21, 2011
                          the school seems nice when I interviewed and people there seems nice as well. But the weather is too cold. I am California so it is a bit far for me. But the tuition is very tempting, since a lot of CA schools are so expensive. But I honestly don't know what to believe. I read many negative comments on this school from previous sdn posts. I really want to hear a current student at LECOM and tell me their experiences and if they like the school and do they feel the school prepares them for the profession.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=935437
                          This newer thread lists a friendly student who answered my questions offlist very nicely.

RxLECOM

Dec 4, 2012
                          1. Pharmacist
                            The essays have nothing to do with what you have learned or anything that you could really study. It will ask you a simple question. Something along the lines of "what do you like to do for fun" for example. Do not worry, they just want to know that you are able to write in complete sentences and make sense of what you are writing. That is all, nothing to worry about!

RxLECOM

Dec 4, 2012
                            1. Pharmacist
                              I am a current student. It is true, no water or beverages of any kind (nor food) are allowed outside of the lounge. Lecom has some strict rules, but in the end you are saving so much money on tuition. So, you decide...want to spend thousands more and avoid simple rules? Lecom is not as bad as everyone is saying. They just like to come off as professional. Which will be helpful in the future since YOU ARE STUDYING PHARMACY WHICH IS A PROFESSION?! I like it here, I hate the area but the school is alright. One thing to keep in mind though is it is very fast paced. I mean you have 2-3 exams (besides quizzes) every week. That is something I regret doing is taking the 3 year path. Other than that, the staff is awesome (most are) and the school is fine, don't judge it solely on the fact that you cant have food in the lecture halls!

missSunshine

Aug 27, 2012
                              1. Pre-Pharmacy
                                I am a current student. It is true, no water or beverages of any kind (nor food) are allowed outside of the lounge. Lecom has some strict rules, but in the end you are saving so much money on tuition. So, you decide...want to spend thousands more and avoid simple rules? Lecom is not as bad as everyone is saying. They just like to come off as professional. Which will be helpful in the future since YOU ARE STUDYING PHARMACY WHICH IS A PROFESSION?! I like it here, I hate the area but the school is alright. One thing to keep in mind though is it is very fast paced. I mean you have 2-3 exams (besides quizzes) every week. That is something I regret doing is taking the 3 year path. Other than that, the staff is awesome (most are) and the school is fine, don't judge it solely on the fact that you cant have food in the lecture halls!

I was going to go the 3yr route but then I decided that the 4yr path may better suite me so I decided in Lecom fl

PerfectCoat

Jun 23, 2011
                                1. Pre-Medical
                                  Hey guys,

I have a "like new" copy of the Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry 5th edition by nelson and cox.

I am thinking of selling it on amazon but I go to LECOM erie and if there is someone here that would want to buy it from me I would be more than happy to (first) accommodate a fellow LECOMer (you wouldn't have to pay for shipping! I'll deliver it right to you!).

Also if you guys have a facebook page that I can post this on. I would really appreciate that too.

Thanks,
                                  PM me if you're interested

About the Ads
                                  This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                  7. This thread is locked.