LECOM interview...WOW!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

How was everyone's LECOM interview? All I can say is wow!!! The amount of technology at LECOM is amazing. The facilities are fantastic. If I'm accepted, it would be hard NOT to attend!!

What did everyone else think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I had my interview on 11/1.
I have to agree with you - the facilities were very impressive. Computer hookups everywhere and really nice lecture halls..

My interview was great also - the interviewers set me at ease and it was very conversational, positive, and supportive. One of my interviewers was born and raised about 15 mins from were I live!

I'm seriously considering going there as well - if i'm accepted.

interviewed 10/11, just found out last thursday I'm IN!!!

I loved LECOM, cost of living is unbeatable, facilities are new, professors motivated and very interested in what they are doing. Also I got to sit in on a lecture with my friend who's a first year and the professors all know the students by name by like the first week. Its refreshing to see that kind of committment to students after spending 4 years at an undergraduate institution where most of the professors teach because they have to, to do the research they want to do...

Some people can't deal with the rules but trust me, I visited West Point for undergrad and LECOM isn't bad...

Having put more than $2k in the application process so far I'm not backing out of my other applications and look forward to my second interview (UNECOM). I hear UNECOM is exceptional also so we'll just have to see. Still waiting to hear from many and still very interested in visiting schools (since I really had nothing to compare LECOM to). Hopefully I'll have the privledge to visit PCOM, NYCOM and NOVA too... that would be AWESOME... good luck, glad the interview went well...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
interviewed 10/11, just found out last thursday I'm IN!!!

Congrats!

But I was told that no one was supposed to find out until after 11/15? Did you call them, or did they mail a letter to you?

- Tae

i just got invited for an interview today!!!!!!! it's my first interview, and i'm so excited. i hate that period you have to go through thinking you might not even get this far. about to go read up on LECOM interview/acceptance rate... :D

they mailed me and who told you 11/15? people have been getting accepted at schools since august, etc. In all truth LECOM usually gets back to people within 10-14 days, the only reason it took as long as it did (3-4 weeks so they said) was because their admissions people were away at the AOA convention...

tkim, didn't you say you had an interview there? when was it/will it be? GOOD LUCK!

they mailed me and who told you 11/15? people have been getting accepted at schools since august, etc. In all truth LECOM usually gets back to people within 10-14 days, the only reason it took as long as it did (3-4 weeks so they said) was because their admissions people were away at the AOA convention...

tkim, didn't you say you had an interview there? when was it/will it be? GOOD LUCK!

Yeah, I interviewed 10/21, and when I was there I was told by the admissions director that they were deciding that week. However, they wouldn't let anyone know until after 11/15, because it was some agreed-upon policy of all the schools, which apparently none of the other schools honored.

I'd be happy to hear from them sooner!

- Tae

ahhhhhhhhhh no no no you misunderstood... that policy you are referring to was in reference to the deposit. The LECOM people explained that they (unlike others) respect the AACOM's policy of not forcing its acceptee's to put down a deposit before 12/15. Not all schools follow this policy I guess but THATS what they are talking about. You should be hearing from them next week probably... GOOD LUCK!

P.S. also it says this in the acceptance letter, I have proof :D :clap:

ahhhhhhhhhh no no no you misunderstood... that policy you are referring to was in reference to the deposit. The LECOM people explained that they (unlike others) respect the AACOM's policy of not forcing its acceptee's to put down a deposit before 12/15. Not all schools follow this policy I guess but THATS what they are talking about. You should be hearing from them next week probably... GOOD LUCK!

P.S. also it says this in the acceptance letter, I have proof :D :clap:

Congrats! I believe you, but the answer I got was in response to the question I asked "When will we know?" Now, the admission staffer might have been confused with all the dates, but I clearly heard her say 11/15 is when they send em out. I'm happy to be wrong if it means I find out earlier!

- Tae

Hey HOmersimpsOn. Congrats!!! I interviewed on 10/24. I am sooo nervous about receiving the letter. I hope they do send out the letters b4 11/15. Question, was the letter thin or thick? :confused:

LOL, ahhh now we have hit rock bottom when it gets to a pt where we are asking about thickness of envelopes... I can't hold it against you, it's been on my mind also...

You SURE you want to know the ans to this question?

I knew the second I opened the little door to my campus mailbox I was in, it was thick as hell!!

Still hoping some thick PCOM, NOVA, NYCOM, UNECOM envelopes are on their way... lol :clap:

Homer,
When did you get the letter? I interviewed on 10/17. They told us it would be mailed in three weeks (that's this week). I'll be praying to the mail box god for the next couple of days.

last thursday... If you too are from NY I'd expect you'd be hearing late this week. Don't hold me to that though. GOOD LUCK. I'm off to UNECOM next week, wish me luck!

Nope sorry, not form NY from Cali. Good luck at UNECOM.