LECOM Master of Medical Science 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone looking for a roommate? Two males looking to share a 3 bedroom/2 bath at Creekside Apartments. Less than a mile from school and lots of amenities.

Members don't see this ad.

i have applied last week but now response yet. anyone applied this late?

FYI from the email that was sent yesterday. If you do not have above a 40th percentile MCAT score, you MUST retake it this year to be considered for the DO program afterwards.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i have applied last week but now response yet. anyone applied this late?

Hey Yes I applied last week as well and it says, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

It sounds like I didn't get in :(

Hey Yes I applied last week as well and it says, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

It sounds like I didn't get in :(
My app was like that and my acceptance came two weeks later in the mail.

Does anyone know how Spectrum is as an ISP? They are the only provider for the area and I just want to know what I am getting myself into when it comes to outages and customer service.

Hi guys! I have a question for any current MMS students. I received an email saying that in order to get a interview for conditional acceptance into the DO program, I would have to meet the 3.0 GPA requirement AND have an MCAT score that is 40th percentile or above/or have an academic index score of 110. When I visited LECOM in March, one of the students told me that she was an MMS student and you basically have to make a 3.4 GPA or higher and you'll for sure get accepted. That being said, my MCAT score is unfortunately below the 40th percentile (score - 496), but my AIS is 114. So I have technically met the standard requirements, but the email said that just by meeting these requirements doesn't mean that you will get accepted, and that they take a holistic approach. I ended up choosing LECOM over other programs that I was accepted into because I would not have to take a second year off, and the acceptance letter did not mention having a specific MCAT score, just meeting the GPA requirement. I thought it was a sweet deal that I wouldn't have to retake it! Do you recommend that I retake the MCAT? Is it a major factor in terms of conditional acceptances, even if I make a 3.4+ GPA?

Hi guys! I have a question for any current MMS students. I received an email saying that in order to get a interview for conditional acceptance into the DO program, I would have to meet the 3.0 GPA requirement AND have an MCAT score that is 40th percentile or above/or have an academic index score of 110. When I visited LECOM in March, one of the students told me that she was an MMS student and you basically have to make a 3.4 GPA or higher and you'll for sure get accepted. That being said, my MCAT score is unfortunately below the 40th percentile (score - 496), but my AIS is 114. So I have technically met the standard requirements, but the email said that just by meeting these requirements doesn't mean that you will get accepted, and that they take a holistic approach. I ended up choosing LECOM over other programs that I was accepted into because I would not have to take a second year off, and the acceptance letter did not mention having a specific MCAT score, just meeting the GPA requirement. I thought it was a sweet deal that I wouldn't have to retake it! Do you recommend that I retake the MCAT? Is it a major factor in terms of conditional acceptances, even if I make a 3.4+ GPA?

The required MCAT score for our class was a 495, so with your score you should be good. Generally speaking if you have the scores and the required GPA there is no reason you shouldn’t get in.

Last edited:
Read my post from above. I spoke to one of the directors of the program and he said that it would be required of me to retake the MCAT and score above 40th percentile if I want to be considered for the program after.

Your 496 won't hinder your chance at all. From my take on it , the majority of us who are matriculating all had >495/ AIS. The gpa requirements tend to differ on the individual because some students received a conditional at a 3.3 cgpa. That being said, others with a 3.3 were placed on the waitlist(a place you do not want to be). Just to be safe , strive over a 3.4 and you should have easy sailing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just saw my application status. Two things not there credits wise so all credits should be there. Or how does it work

The required MCAT score for our class was a 495, so with your score you should be good. Generally speaking if you have the scores and the required GPA there is no reason you shouldn’t get in.
Just to tack on to this, I was admitted with AIS, so that should be fine too as long as you meet their minimums. Definitely call to verify though. Everything is subject to change.

Did you get any email from them before getting the acceptance mail?
nope, i just kept refreshing the portal until it came. a couple weeks after i got the matriculation and financial aid paperwork via email but i'm sure they send that after you put in your deposit.

Hi guys! I applied last week and today got an email that says, "The Admissions Committee has not yet made a decision on your application"
Has this happened to anyone else? Assuming I didnt get in..

I applied few weeks back now application statutes says commit made decision so nervous now. Did any one in my shoes

when u guys got letter did u guys received any other paper with it

Withdrew my seat here. Hopefully one of you that has been waiting gets it!

Yea what happened dude? I saw you get accepted earlier on when the application opened up! What's your plan now??
Financial Aid issues got in my way and general unease about the stability of the program due to changing requirements. I'm going to be attending Elms College BMS and retaking the MCAT. It's closer to home for me.

what do people usually wear to class? I know professional attire is required

reading things about this school online, I am a little weary of going here. Anyone else have these doubts?

reading things about this school online, I am a little weary of going here. Anyone else have these doubts?

It’s just a 10 month program. For me if I don’t get good vibes from the MMS program I’m just gonna use it as motivation to get into a different DO program. But LECOM does have some pros.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s just a 10 month program. For me if I don’t get good vibes from the MMS program I’m just gonna use it as motivation to get into a different DO program. But LECOM does have some pros.
Agreed. All of the LECOM-B physicians I have shadowed and worked with are stellar docs and a PD I spoke to thinks very highly of LECOM-B grads due to the problem based learning pathway.

Hey guys! I’m a current masters student at LECOM Bradenton. Feel free to ask me any questions about the program.

Hey, they recently sent out the textbooks we will need for the MMS program. Are the textbooks necessary for the class or is it just a supplemental resource. Will there be anything on exams in the text, but not covered in lecture?

They probably only sent you the schedule for the summer and fall semesters. They usually don’t release the spring schedule and booklist until December/January so you guys will still have a second anatomy class. For some classes the books are not mandatory but it’s always safe to have them just in case. I would get the new edition just so that you won’t be confused if the professors pull images or information that weren’t in the older editions

Do you need the book to answer the questions on the exams or will you be able to answer the questions based of what the professor said in lecture?

i think the its not only GPA thing is kinda like professionalism. like student who dont go to class or do something inappropriate. remember you're trying to be a physician your not just being evaluated academically but also on decorum and mentality

Do you need the book to answer the questions on the exams or will you be able to answer the questions based of what the professor said in lecture?
my friend in the program said she read the textbook

Do we really need the fall textbooks during the summer term?

From when we took the the classes I hardly opened the book. That being said I used the book later on and felt that i grasped the concepts far better. (Pbl)

Hey everyone,
I have been looking into LECOM's MMS program for a while however, I graduate fall 2019 and there isn't a open house until Mid-November. So, I wanted to know if anyone could tell me a little about the pros and cons of the school, staff, students or maybe even the coursework? This is one of my options before applying to medical school since I am applying later in the cycle. Thank you so much and congrats to everyone who was accepted this year.

Hey everyone,
I have been looking into LECOM's MMS program for a while however, I graduate fall 2019 and there isn't a open house until Mid-November. So, I wanted to know if anyone could tell me a little about the pros and cons of the school, staff, students or maybe even the coursework? This is one of my options before applying to medical school since I am applying later in the cycle. Thank you so much and congrats to everyone who was accepted this year.
If you shoot me a PM I can answer some of your questions about course work in detail but for a rough run through, the program is fast and heavy but you have every tool available for you to succeed. I feel as though every professor wants you to succeed so you just have to show that you are willing to work really hard. The classes I feel are more applicable to what you want to do whether that is dentistry, med, or pharm so it makes it more fun to study (at least for me). Lots of studying throughout the week but I always have at least some free time to catch a movie or watch the game on Sunday.

@Zipporah For some reason I can't reply to your PM. Mess around with your settings and try hitting me up again. Your profile doesn't allow me to PM you.

I am trying to apply for the entering Class Summer 2019, does anyone know when is the deadline for this program because I am gonna take the DAT exam at the of January 2019.