LECOM or PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rimma

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both LECOM and PCOM and am trying to decide between the two. Any opinions regarding both programs would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

PCOM has a lot of tradition! Alumni talk highly of the school (there's a lot of them out there). I know a current student who said the PCOM professors are outstanding!

I thought PCOM blew LECOM away...I see no comparison at all. LECOM is very rigid..attendance & dress code...plus geographically desolate. PCOM has great rotations, and an excellent reputation ..

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to agree with the above posters. If you've read some of my previous posts, you'll know I'm not a big fan of certain aspects of a PCOM education,

but ANYTHING beats LECOM!

PCOM all the way. Sorry, but there's no comparison between the two. PCOM is well established and their students are better off when it comes to rotations/residencies than LECOM students.
I wouldn't think twice about this decisions...LECOM would be last on my list out of all DO schools.