SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LECOM or PCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by rimma, Feb 3, 2001.

1. rimma

rimma New Member

Jan 13, 2001
    I have been accepted to both LECOM and PCOM and am trying to decide between the two. Any opinions regarding both programs would be appreciated.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. osteostudent

osteostudent Junior Member

Jan 28, 2001
    California
    PCOM has a lot of tradition! Alumni talk highly of the school (there's a lot of them out there). I know a current student who said the PCOM professors are outstanding!

4. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY 10+ Year Member

Oct 25, 1999
    NW Indiana
    I thought PCOM blew LECOM away...I see no comparison at all. LECOM is very rigid..attendance & dress code...plus geographically desolate. PCOM has great rotations, and an excellent reputation ..

5. glands75

glands75 Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 1, 2000
    Ohio
    I have to agree with the above posters. If you've read some of my previous posts, you'll know I'm not a big fan of certain aspects of a PCOM education,

but ANYTHING beats LECOM!

6. MSafur

MSafur Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Queens, NY, USA
    PCOM all the way. Sorry, but there's no comparison between the two. PCOM is well established and their students are better off when it comes to rotations/residencies than LECOM students.
    I wouldn't think twice about this decisions...LECOM would be last on my list out of all DO schools.