LECOM-PA (Erie)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of questions I'd like some help with to help me decide between LECOM-PA and WVSOM.

How late do lectures go 'til?

What kind of review course is offered for COMLEX I & II, if any?

How strict is this attendance policy at LECOM-PA? And do you find this policy affecting the amount of time available for you to study each day?

Thank you.

If possible, please comment on which school you'd choose.

Members don't see this ad.

FutureDocDO said:
I've got a couple of questions I'd like some help with to help me decide between LECOM-PA and WVSOM.

How late do lectures go 'til?

What kind of review course is offered for COMLEX I & II, if any?

How strict is this attendance policy at LECOM-PA? And do you find this policy affecting the amount of time available for you to study each day?

Thank you.

If possible, please comment on which school you'd choose.

I go to LECOM in Erie, I know they have more study time now then when I was first year. We had lecture until 5pm some days others are out early, depends on what courses at the time. They give Kaplan review for Comlex I, none for step II since no one is at school to take it. You are away on rotations during step II time so that's a mot point. Attendance is strict in the sense that if you are on the boderline for a pass/fail grade and you have not been to class then you fail. If you have been there, you get the point. They take attendance so they know who has been there. I went to all classes and I did not find it affected my study time and I have a family. LECOM is a small school so everyone knows you which I like, the equipment is top of the line, the building brand new. OMM skills are great. I really like it.

Hi I just got accepted to LECOM-Erie. I really wanna do my rotations in Philly or pittsburgh b/c I just love being in a city since I go to school in chicago. Is it easy to do this from LECOM that I can easily pick my rotations or would i have to do amazingly well in school to pull this off??? thanks

NUcat1 said:
Hi I just got accepted to LECOM-Erie. I really wanna do my rotations in Philly or pittsburgh b/c I just love being in a city since I go to school in chicago. Is it easy to do this from LECOM that I can easily pick my rotations or would i have to do amazingly well in school to pull this off??? thanks

How well you do in MS 1/2 has nothing to do with where you get rotations. (Not when I was picking, anyway, if this has changed, someone else feel free to correct me...).

It is very easy to get all your rotations in Pgh. Not sure about Philly. There are more rotation sites in Pgh than in Erie, as a matter of fact.