buddydoc

15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
i heard alot about lecom's postbac program and many of its graduates getting into medschool. I am deciding if i should apply to lecom's postbac or pharmacy school. Any advice?

GODO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
Honestly, only you can decide if the program is worth your time, effort, and money. The only acceptace stats I have seen about graduates from this program were on this site, and I have only seen two or three posts on that.

This program is not a guarantee of getting into medical school and no degree is issued after the program. So, if you did not make it into medical school you would have paid alot for degree.
However, if you really want to go to LECOM, this program is a good step to take to try and gain entry into the medical program.

Hope this helps

Steve

About the Ads

fozzy40

15+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I talked to Laura Sloan this past Wednesday and she said that she sent the schedule for the year this past week. Has anyone received it? Does anyone know when classes start for us?

Fred

Doctortobee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 1999
?
Visit site
Status
How is the post-bacc program conducted? I know the classes but, what form are they? Lecture, Lab...How is the grading? Pass/Fail, A/B/C/D/F, exams??

GODO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
I was in Erie this past weekend and secured an apartment at Granada. It did not seem like they had any problems there. Rent is cheap. I got a 2 bedroom for 440 dollars a month. Water is included, but you have to pay a yearly sewer ($192) and garbage ($60) fee. Snow removal is provided and there are on site laundry facilities in each building. They have a cable package for $30/month that includes 50 - 60 stations. Phone and electric are not included, and the lady there said that the electric usually runs $120/month in the winter.

From what the lady said there, there are only 5-6 more apartments opening up in late August. Also, many of the other apartment complexes are filled. So, if you have not secured an apartment you might want to look soon.

Steve

About the Ads