LECOM response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO DUDE

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it took 7 MONTHS but I finally heard something today from LECOM after my interview there....REJECTION! I think I'm gonna cry!
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I wish you the best when you re-apply next cycle, assuming you didn't get in somewhere else.

Just keep on keeping on!!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Thanks for your kind words but I did get into my first choice... I was being just a little overly-sarcastic. My point being that 7 months is a little long after the interview to let someone know the status of their app. After spending close to $700 on flying there with hotel etc. I think they would see fit to spend .33 on a stamp and the courtesy to inform me of a decision. Glad I have another option!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you decide to go?

------------------
Nik
UNECOM class of '06

NSUCOM!!

Nik, how are you UNECOM " '06 " ??

DO dude-

I am in the first year of a seven year medical program with UNECOM at the Utica College of Suyracuse University. I am scheduled to graduate from UNE in 2006.

------------------
Nik
UNECOM class of '06

DO DUDE,
I agree that a seven month delay for a response is ridiculous and unacceptable. Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I bring up that point because after checking out LECOM's web site, it seems that they, like other schools, take preference to residents of their region. Is there is a dgree of truth to that? LECOM would actually be a high choice for me in the future because it is only an hour and half away from me by car.

[This message has been edited by JC (edited June 28, 1999).]

I'm from Florida, so there is a possibility that this was a reason. My problem was with their lack of consideration. There are other students that have been treated the same way after interviews there.

I was really impressed with their professionalism and the organization of their interview process, but if I had really wanted to go to LECOM this would seriously discourage me if I had other choices.

I would assume that you are psyched that you are accepted at NSUCOM in your home state. Happy for you. Besides, Erie, PA. gets hammered with just as much snow as Buffalo but just isn't noted for it. Sunny Florida or foul blizzard-ridden PA.? Trust me, weather does affect how you study. Bitter cold and snowstorms are distractions. I'm used to it. Good luck to you.

Warm, sunny, and easily accessible beaches are a distraction as well ... just in a slightly different manner.
wink.gif

The Florida Native,

ggulick.gif

You've got that right!

Hope we don't get another hurricane this year. Forecasts are predicting a big increase!

No hurricanes in NE MO!! However, I imagine we'll get a flake or two...especially since I'm only accustomed to those bitter, snowy No. Texas winters...LOL Was ther 5 years and it didn't get below freezing more that 10 times! The deepest snow...the GREEN grass was visible through it in late January!!

smile.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

I agree about the regional preference. LECOM's charter indicates a long term goal of training primary care osteopathic physicians to serve in the region of western PA. They do accept many from New York and Ohio and you'll find students there from almost every state as well.