LECOM rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any LECOMers out there,
How hard is it to get your rotation site of choice? I read the procedures for choosing on the website, but I didn't understand how it's decided in the end. It didn't mention a lottery or anything. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you trying to set them up? If you are interested in Philly, Pittsburgh, MI, or NY I hear there is some competition. IT just depends on where your classmates are from...alot of our class was from MI so you just end up working it out. What they do is ask you where you want to be and then try to put the least number of people interested in the same area in one rotation group. You have to negoitiate with your classmates, and hope they are willing to compromise.

I want to be in Florida. I'll be at LECOM-Bradenton.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, sorry, don't know anything about FLa or the new LECOM school....all after I left Erie for good!

Not sure how it will be done for FLECOM, but when we pick our rotation sites we had to pick either priority area or priority group. Then we had to specify what area we wanted to do our rotations in. Those who were "priority area" got first dibs on their area of choice, and then the "priority group" (i.e. those who wanted to do their rotations in a certain order) were put in their area of choice. I think almost everyone in my class got in their area of choice. The biggest groups were the Pittsburgh group and the Erie group. Every group had its own little squabbles, but for the most part, people were able to work everything out with each other.

Just how do rotations work? Do you stay in the same hospital, or rotate through the ones in your area?

Originally posted by BACMEDIC
Just how do rotations work? Do you stay in the same hospital, or rotate through the ones in your area?

You rotate through hospitals which the school is affiliated with to complete all of the required rotations and electives. There is a list of LECOM's affiliated hospitals on their website. If you could find one hospital that offers all the rotations and there is space for you, I suppose you could stay in one hospital the whole time - I don't think this is common.

i did all of my 3rd yr rotations in florida, and i will also do all of my 4th yr rotations in florida. i love being in florida. if you have any questions, feel free to email me.