LECOM School of Pharmacy in PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Malik35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I am thinking about applying LECOM's school of pharmacy in ERIE, PA. I was wondering if you guys can give me some feed back on the school. From your knowledge or experience, what are the pro's and con's? Also, is it diverse?

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM... didnt apply to any 3 year schools. SDN and my hospital director told me to stay away from it. It mean it's cheap... but I rather not.

Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM... didnt apply to any 3 year schools. SDN and my hospital director told me to stay away from it. It mean it's cheap... but I rather not.

your hospital director doesnt know all there is to nkow about schools.

also, OP, if you are HELL BENT on pharmacy, i tell you to go to the cheapest school out there.

there are not a lot of pharmacist jobs anymore, the surplus is out of control as well.

also, OP, if you are HELL BENT on pharmacy, i tell you to go to the cheapest school out there.

there are not a lot of pharmacist jobs anymore, the surplus is out of control as well.

Will you just shut up already? It's starting to be irritating. :/

not going agrue with you, but if you want to apply for lecom, go ahead. Im not going to deter anyone, I just rather not. He has schools paying for rotations sites in the hospital all the time. When he talked to me, he only mentioned that school.

Except LECOM doesnt pay for the rotations and expects it to be given to them. Im sure he knows a bit of schools in nyc securing rotation sites in his hospital; but not --everything.

not going agrue with you, but if you want to apply for lecom, go ahead. Im not going to deter anyone, I just rather not. He has schools paying for rotations sites in the hospital all the time. When he talked to me, he only mentioned that school.

Except LECOM doesnt pay for the rotations and expects it to be given to them. Im sure he knows a bit of schools in nyc securing rotation sites in his hospital; but not --everything.

your director says this because he wants his pockets lined with cash from the schools. temple doesnt pay for students to go on rotations either. it boils down to the directors keeping the money. a "preceptor" gets paid DIRECTLY for taking students. so they get to make money off students coming to the hospital and then taking advantage of them doing work for them.

your director just wants more money in his pocket.

your director says this because he wants his pockets lined with cash from the schools. temple doesnt pay for students to go on rotations either. it boils down to the directors keeping the money. a "preceptor" gets paid DIRECTLY for taking students. so they get to make money off students coming to the hospital and then taking advantage of them doing work for them.

your director just wants more money in his pocket.
Im sorry, but he said that mcphs, liu, st johns, other state schools are giving them money to secure their sites. You expect things to come for free? preceptors should be paid.

He told me that if I go to that school then I would have a hard time securing rotation sites. Now you know why the tuition is low. In case you didnt know, you could go to some old LECOM threads and find that the students needed to relocate to find sites. That getting a apartment for 6 weeks was also hard.