Lecom School Of Pharmacy: The Good And The Bad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmRae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Im considering sending off my application to LECOM, however I really do not see any threads pertaining to this school on this website. Can a previous graduate student, or a student that is now attending this school provide information on the Ins and Outs of Lecom school of pharmacy. Is it a good choice?

Members don't see this ad.

please fill us in, i have interview with them. bradenton campus

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that all class is mandatory, you have to dress up, and someone even told me you have assigned seats. Seemed ridiculous to me. It's also expensive and having the word osteopathic in the name is counted as a negative to a lot of people. The benefit is that it's a 3 year program and the one pharmacist that I know who went there spoke well of it.

Lecom is famous on this board better search again.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Worked with a few grads from Erie campus. They recommend it, tuition was reasonable if I recall right

From what I've seen on here, tuition is the best thing about the school. I know some people that attend there and it seems like it's reasonable, but the assigned seats thing is kind of ridiculous haha

Reactions: 1 users
Two weeks after I submitted my supplmental app and I heard back from them. Got an interview 3/28

what kind of interview is it? one on one? Kinds of questions they ask? Writing assessment advice??

Anything helps!
Thanks!

I heard that all class is mandatory, you have to dress up, and someone even told me you have assigned seats. Seemed ridiculous to me. It's also expensive and having the word osteopathic in the name is counted as a negative to a lot of people. The benefit is that it's a 3 year program and the one pharmacist that I know who went there spoke well of it.
What does it have to do with "Osteopathic", if it's still a pharmacy program? And you will take Naplex and become pharmD

What does it have to do with "Osteopathic", if it's still a pharmacy program? And you will take Naplex and become pharmD

Because their med school is mostly people who couldn't get into MD programs. Osteopathic programs are less competitive. Every pharmacy school in the country earns a PharmD but it doesn't change the fact that LECOM as a whole is osteopathic with is not exactly a word associated with the brightest and the best.

Last edited:
Because their med school is mostly people who couldn't get into MD programs. Osteopathic programs are less competitive. Every pharmacy school in the country earns a PharmD but it doesn't change the fact that LECOM as a whole is osteopathic with is not exactly a word associated with the brightest and the best.
Please, I bet many people go to pharmacy because they didn't get accepted to medical schools, or didn't pass MCAT. No one will tell you the truth why they chose pharmacy. And it's upsetting the way they think it
So student who got accepted with GPA 2.5 to schools with low ranking are more brightest than students with GPA more than 3.5 to Lecom?

Please, I bet many people go to pharmacy because they didn't get accepted to medical schools, or didn't pass MCAT. No one will tell you the truth why they chose pharmacy. And it's upsetting the way they think it
So student who got accepted with GPA 2.5 to schools with low ranking are more brightest than students with GPA more than 3.5 to Lecom?

I am more brightest than all student so it doesn't matter

Hey! I got accepted at LECOM-B way back in October and from what I remember it is really quick. The interviewees are split up into groups and each take turns with member of the faculty. They really aren't there to grill you or anything they kind of just want to know you're not nuts. Speak slowly and clearly and you'll be fine.
Questions they asked me were: Tell me about yourself, have you ever assumed a leadership position? why Pharmacy? What do you do if a professor has a teaching style you don't like?
Afterwards, they have a mock PBL session with other interviewees and another faculty member. This part is to see if you can handle PBL and the type of group learning you will presumably be doing for some classes. If you haven't taken your PCAT you will also need to do a writing assignment. I can't tell you much about this, I had my scores on file.
Next is a tour of the school with student ambassadors. Not much to see, to be honest, as it's kind of just an office building, however the library is eye catching. They only showed us the first and second floors as the third floor is for the D.O.'s. The day ends with several powerpoints and information about the school.
Overall, everyone was very nice, enthusiastic and willing to answer any question you had for them. If you've managed to be invited for an interview you're pretty much in so don't stress too much.

what kind of interview is it? one on one? Kinds of questions they ask? Writing assessment advice??

Anything helps!
Thanks!

I interviewed yesterday expected just a group interview from friends that go there but turns out its group interview then they ask each one of you one question alone as the individual interview!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone think interviewing in March is too late in the process for an acceptance, I have a feeling class is already filled!!!

Hey! I got accepted at LECOM-B way back in October and from what I remember it is really quick. The interviewees are split up into groups and each take turns with member of the faculty. They really aren't there to grill you or anything they kind of just want to know you're not nuts. Speak slowly and clearly and you'll be fine.
Questions they asked me were: Tell me about yourself, have you ever assumed a leadership position? why Pharmacy? What do you do if a professor has a teaching style you don't like?
Afterwards, they have a mock PBL session with other interviewees and another faculty member. This part is to see if you can handle PBL and the type of group learning you will presumably be doing for some classes. If you haven't taken your PCAT you will also need to do a writing assignment. I can't tell you much about this, I had my scores on file.
Next is a tour of the school with student ambassadors. Not much to see, to be honest, as it's kind of just an office building, however the library is eye catching. They only showed us the first and second floors as the third floor is for the D.O.'s. The day ends with several powerpoints and information about the school.
Overall, everyone was very nice, enthusiastic and willing to answer any question you had for them. If you've managed to be invited for an interview you're pretty much in so don't stress too much.

Thank you so much for your response that was very helpful! Are you going to attend LECOMB??

I interviewed yesterday expected just a group interview from friends that go there but turns out its group interview then they ask each one of you one question alone as the individual interview!!

Thank you for your response? Did you have to write a writing assessment?

Thank you for your response? Did you have to write a writing assessment?

Yea they actually give you a choice between four questions so should be real easy and they really don't count it towards interview so doesn't hurt they said they are just suppose to show something in writing to show that you completed a written assessment. Btw interview questions are simple introduce your self, why pharmacy, how will you handle fast pace at lecom/why lecom, leadership scenarios you were in, something you struggled with and overcame, future of pharmacy etc the individual interview question for me was the struggle one but was different for others, good luck!!

Thank you so much for your response that was very helpful! Are you going to attend LECOMB??
No prob! Yes I am. Tuition cost was a priority for me when picking schools and LECOM-B has one of the lowest you'll find. Their NAPLEX and MPJE passing rates aren't too shabby either.

Last edited:
No prob! Yes I am. Tuition cost was a priority for me when picking schools and LECOM-B has one of the lowest you'll find. They're NAPLEX and MPJE passing rates aren't too shabby either.
How much is their tuition exactly i seen 22,000 on the site but is that without the included fees?

Yea they actually give you a choice between four questions so should be real easy and they really don't count it towards interview so doesn't hurt they said they are just suppose to show something in writing to show that you completed a written assessment. Btw interview questions are simple introduce your self, why pharmacy, how will you handle fast pace at lecom/why lecom, leadership scenarios you were in, something you struggled with and overcame, future of pharmacy etc the individual interview question for me was the struggle one but was different for others, good luck!!

Thanks so much for your response that was so helpful!! Did you interview at LecomB or LecomPenn???
And I don't believe the seats have filled up, pharmcas just notified me that they are extending there deadline for applications until June 1st.. so we shall see

How much is their tuition exactly i seen 22,000 on the site but is that without the included fees?
Yeah that's without the mandatory fees, but it's not that much on top of everything. Last I saw it's an extra $900-1000 in fees. Student health insurance is also extra. It's all on their website.

Thanks so much for your response that was so helpful!! Did you interview at LecomB or LecomPenn???
And I don't believe the seats have filled up, pharmcas just notified me that they are extending there deadline for applications until June 1st.. so we shall see

At Lecom Erie Penn and hopefully still a lot of room in class, thank you!

I sent my supplemental like a week ago and I haven't heard back yet... I feel like they just took my money lol

I sent my supplemental like a week ago and I haven't heard back yet... I feel like they just took my money lol

Lmao yea man thats the scary part applying this late, but am pretty sure those new schools that open up are guaranteed to get you in!!

Lmao yea man thats the scary part applying this late, but am pretty sure those new schools that open up are guaranteed to get you in!!

Don't worry! In couple weeks they will send you a link with their own password to do the supplement application

Did anyone apply to the Distance Education pathway?

Did anyone apply to the Distance Education pathway?
I was considering but I didn't. Even though I am good at studying alone, for the next 4 years I have to be around people, I need to talk to people, have friends and have study partners. Supporting each other is crucial. Unless you don't have other options and distance program fits you perfect, go for it. I watched YouTube blog how girl talked about distance program. It was great.

I was considering but I didn't. Even though I am good at studying alone, for the next 4 years I have to be around people, I need to talk to people, have friends and have study partners. Supporting each other is crucial. Unless you don't have other options and distance program fits you perfect, go for it. I watched YouTube blog how girl talked about distance program. It was great.

The good thing about it they told us if you are in the Distance program you can always switch to the Florida pathway since they run together but you cant switch to Eries three year accelerated!

The good thing about it they told us if you are in the Distance program you can always switch to the Florida pathway since they run together but you cant switch to Eries three year accelerated!

Do you know if you can switch back? For example if you are in campus and for whatever reason you need to switch to distance?

Thank you Marina22
I don't have options, I have 3 years old daughter and I can't stop working either

Last edited:
I just sent my supp today. Hope it is not too late in the game.

I just received the decision in the mail interviewed March 7 They said I looked favorable so they put me on the wait list I guess better then a rejection lol will see what happens I guess!

Reactions: 1 users