LECOM Secondary before Primary???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ShortStuff, Nov 13, 2002.

1. ShortStuff

ShortStuff a trueblue spitfire

I just decided to apply to osteopathic school and submitted my AACOM primary last week. My letters will be sent out in about a week and a half since they are already in a packet,etc. my advisor just sends them out. Since the LECOM secondary is online i just went ahead and did it. do you think it is ok to send it before they even got my primary???

THoughts about how late I am ?? I have an interview at an MD school next week but that is it...Have I screwed this up by not doing my osteopathic apps as early as my MD apps???

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    its good to have it filled out, but I dont think it will make much of a difference since I dont think they look at anything until they get the primary app. I just got my LECOM secondary yesterday. I thought I would get a call or email asking me to download it but it was a paper packet.

4. Green912

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't sent it just yet. AACOMAS will notify LECOM that you applied before your application is verified, and shortly after they will send you the secondary. If can't remember exactly, but I think the secondary came fairly quickly. Also AACOMAS should be winding down so things will progress fairly quickly for you.

5. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    it took about 10-11 days from when AACOMAS said they sent it to them.

mine was sent 11/1 and i got it 11/12

6. ShortStuff

ShortStuff a trueblue spitfire

how long did it take for AACOMAS to process??

7. Green912

Attending Physician
    It took AACOMAS a little more then a month for me, but that doesn't matter for the secondary. LECOM is notified beforehand that you will be applying and the school sends you a secondary based on that. I would imagine your verification will be fairly fast. Good luck

8. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1

Resident [Any Field]
    well, it took a month before my applications were sent out to the schools and then about 1-2 weeks for a response from the schools.

They become notified but it doesn't mean they do anything about it.

I am still waiting to hear from TUCOM, PCSOM and VCOM.

9. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!

Each school application process is seperate. Some schools will require a verified application from AACOMAS before they will offer you a secondary.