Lecom upmc hamot ortho residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ike88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hava any ortho gunners gunned for this program? Any affiliation at all with lecom?

Members don't see this ad.

No affiliation. Ortho at UPMC Hamot is an Allopathic residency.

After speaking with the UPMC Neuro PD yesterday all I've got to say is , good luck with that one.

No affiliation. Ortho at UPMC Hamot is an Allopathic residency.

After speaking with the UPMC Neuro PD yesterday all I've got to say is , good luck with that one.

really? what did the PD say?

Members don't see this ad :)
really? what did the PD say?

That DOs have almost zero chance of matching at UPMC ortho.

I think I'm actually wrong about no affiliation, the osteopathic residencies at hamot may be in the Lecom OPTI (Neurology at Hamot is an osteopathic residency)

I think I'm actually wrong about no affiliation, the osteopathic residencies at hamot may be in the Lecom OPTI (Neurology at Hamot is an osteopathic residency)

Did the PD elaborate on why? I'm always interested to see the what the reasoning is...

So you're saying there's a chance!

Well, yeah, I know. It was mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm curious to know what the PD said to justify his position. DOs matching ACGME Ortho is exceedingly rare but not unheard of.

Umpc, in general, is not DO friendly. DOs match at the hospital occasionally, but I didn't think it was very welcoming.

Umpc, in general, is not DO friendly. DOs match at the hospital occasionally, but I didn't think it was very welcoming.
Besides their AOA residencies?