LECOM waitlist info

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by birdman, Jun 11, 2001.

1. birdman

birdman Junior Member

Just curious if anyone knows anything about how many people got pulled off the waitlist last year at LECOM? If anyone else knows if they are pulling out of LECOM, I would love to know!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    From what I gather... there's this "unofficial waitlist" for LECOM. This came from the words of the people that welcomed me during my interview. When many of us asked about a waitlist, they stated that there really isn't one that's established.... Which scared me a bit, as to how that reflected on LECOM.... So there might be an infinite number of people on the waitlist and I'm sure that it hardly moves.... Does anyone know for sure?

4. birdman

birdman Junior Member

There has to be a way that they determine the rankings of alternates. I just wish i knew where i was on the list. I want so badly to get accepted and not have to retake the MCATs again in august and reapply!!!! I really dont want to take the MCATS again!!!!I am curious as to how many seats LECOM has this year. I heard it was around 250.

5. LisaP

LisaP Member

LECOM has between 150 - 180 seats. The new building will allow them to expand, but not right now. Have you tried calling to find out where you stand on the wait list and letting them know that you are still interested in attending? I know the post bac program is also full. I would try to get into a post bac program for this year if you don't get in. That almost always insures that you will be in the next year without retaking the MCAT. I smell something burning. Yikes I was cooking supper!! It must be done. Good luck.

6. birdman

birdman Junior Member

i have called numerous times about my intent to go to LECOM and have sent my final transcripts as well as letters of intent. I called today again but had to leave a message. If i dont get in iwas told that i should take the MCAT again because i got a 5 in the verbal. I really screwed it up! If it wasn't for that score i would have been accepted at PCOM and probably LECOM. I was planning on taking it again in august and either taking a couple more courses at my college or takinga course or two at PCOMs master program(a course or two so that i can still keep my research job). Tell me what you think, anyone.