lecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thalamus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else been accepted to LECOM's class of 2004?
I just got my letter and am looking for future classmates to chat with!

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting to hear...and apparently this other person that I interviewed with has already gotten an acceptance....Is this indicative of bad things????

See you there!
Congrats!

jbong

& yosh...hang in there! Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
See you all in class!!!

Scott
LECOM '04

I was accepted back in mid Nov.. I'm dreading the cold but I know LECOM has a better program than others: top board results and all students meet their first residency choice. Plus, the early clinical exposure is second to none. Anyone know if rotations can be done in Philly area? What are your general thoughts on the school?

[This message has been edited by rowerman (edited 01-19-2000).]

My, my, my.... you are the cranky one, aren't you, rowerman!

Buck up, lil' camper! No need for the grumpies----turn that frown upside down!

sorry....been away from the pc working to earn enough for tuition!!
The cold? We won't have time to worry about it the first semester. I am coming from Arizona, so I too have some concerns about adapting, but change is so exciting.
Yes, the clinical exposure looks to be phenomenal. Where did you get your info on the board stats and residencies?
Millcreek looks to have some terrific opportunities, I'm considering just staying there after school myself.
Don't know about the Philly opportunities,but at my interview the students were talking up the West Pitt hospital and how great the residencies were there.
Is 'rowerman' indicative of your favorite sport?
I interviewed in November as well. What day were you there?
Looking forward to meeting you
smile.gif

There are several LECOM rotations in the Philadelphia area. There is IM at Frankfort hospital in Langhorne , which also has a branch in philadelphia. Also, Mercy Suburban in Norristown has almost all of the third year roations. LECOM allows you to set up your family med on your own with any DO board certified in Family Med. If there are any other LECOM questions , please post.

cc1-
Are you a LECOM student? I am still unsure of the whole process of obtaining rotations. Can you fill me in?
smile.gif

Also, when you say Mercy Suburban has almost all of the third yr rotations, do you mean that is about the only place LECOM students do their rotations? Being from the West, could you tell me geographics/demographics of Norristown to Erie?

Norristown is a suburb right outside of Philly (northwest; approx. 30 min. to downtown. It's the county seat for Montgomery county. LECOM seems to have some good affiliations with other Phila. area hospitals as well as Pittsburgh hospitals.

No...i meant if one wanted to, you could do all of your third year rotations at Mercy Suburban. LECOM has hospital affiliations throughout the entire state on PA, parts of Ohio, NY city and the buffalo area, MI, and one hospital in WV and Florida. There may be more, but thats all i can think of right now, but they can change from year to year.