lecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr russon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Mr Russon,

I noticed you posted this with a subject line of LECOM. I would be interested in what you were planning to say because nothing came up. I was accepted to LECOM and CCOM, and I am having a difficult time deciding which one to go to. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I was accepted to lecom, and only lecom so far. Only applied to a few osteopathic schools, and lecom accepted me right away. Im just a little skepitical, in how I could have been accepted to LECOM so fast and not received an interview at any of my aother choices so far. What is your take on that? I liked lecom alot, and appreciate that they have given me this chance. I know it is a new a school, and that scares me. Do u know anything , in regard to its status in the Do community?? What do u know about , where do they place their graduates in residencies?? So what were your numbers, if I may ask?? Hope to hear from you soon. MIke

Members don't see this ad :)
Mike,

I don't think you getting into LECOM and not having interviews at other places means much. Each school is trying to get different students, so I would not worry about it. No matter what the case, you got in and that is all that counts. I have tried to find out a lot about LECOM because as you I am a little skeptical since it is new and the location. One encouraging thing is that I have talked to a few doctors, and they all said it is an excellent school. They felt because it was new it has a great chance to place modern ideas as a priority. Plus the new systems approach seems to work great because the board averages have been high. I also found that many high ranking DO's are affiliated with LECOM, and therefore, they have clinicals set up in over eight states (great if you like to travel). Finally, I talked to some of the students and they all raved about how great the profs were. All in all, I have been impressed with the school. I am actually leaning toward going there and taking a chance. I think it might be worth it. Tell me if you here any more information. We should keep in touch on this subject.

Josh

Hey Josh, Im very happy someone else , besides myself is intererested in knowing more about LECOM. I understand that the school has a good reputation already, and that a very high percentage of students have passed the boards on their first try. I just want to know alittle more about some of the finer details..ect.. residency positions, getting a speciality out of there, where do their grads go afterwards, things like that. Im just very skeptical like i metioned beofre, that LECOM was the only school that interviewed me, and accepted me to that matter. I interviewed the 2nd day , and was accepted in 6 dats, and yourself?? What are your honest thoughts, dont be ashamed, Im in the same boat. Lets talk some more if u like. You can e-mail at MR russon @aol.com, and we can talk. Hope to hear from you soon, Good Luck and Happy Nrew Year. Mike