LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any comments about this school? Is it true that they have a dress code, and if so what does it consist of? How are the facilities
Thanks. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

They do have a dress code(strict)..men:hungover:ress pants, shirt and tie....women I am not tooo sure about....

I interviewed there...but didn't like it...way too strict!!!

but I thought pants and shoes were strict for Yosh...j/k

I am a current MS1 at LECOM, and yes, there is a dress code. Men are required to wear dress shirts and ties and girls have much more leeway - we can wear skirts or pants and any kind of shirt, pretty much (except messy-looking T-shirts.) For girls the dress code isn't that bad - you can easily be comfortable for the whole day in a pair of khakis and a sweater. Oh, and regarding shoes, the dress code says we are not allowed to wear sandals, but people do all the time and nobody ever gets in trouble. We are allowed to dress in casual clothes for the days that we have OMM (every Wednesday) so it's nice to not have to dress up. And of course, we have to change clothes for anatomy lab (you can wear dress clothes in there, but who would want to???)
I didn't like the idea of a dress code when I first decided that I wanted to go to LECOM, but it isn't bad at all. You get used to dressing up after a couple days and it isn't a big deal.
Regarding the facilities - they may seem less than impressive to people who interview right now because they are in the process of being remodeled and a new building is being built, so everything is kind of in a "transition." The facilities are very high-tech though (it's awesome to be able to check your e-mail during class breaks because you have an internet connection at your desk!) and they will only get better with the new building.
Just my two cents.... :D