LECTURE vs Problem based curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know which schools are which?

Albany Medical College
Boston University School of Medicine
Columbia University College of P & S
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Drexel University College of Medicine
George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci
Harvard Medical School
Jefferson Medical Coll. of Thomas Jefferson Uni
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Keck Sch. of Med.University of Southern California
Medical College of Wisconsin
Michigan State University
New York Medical College
Oregon Health and Science University
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Scien
Stanford University School of Medicine
The Ohio State Univ. Coll. of Med. & Pub. Hlth.
The University of Vermont College of Medicine
University of California San Diego
University of California San Francisco
University of California, Davis School of Medicine
University of California, Irvine- College/Medicine
University of Chicago - Pritzker
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Medic
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Den
University of Washington School of Medicine
University of Wisconsin
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
West Virginia University School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

How about open up the MSAR? Or head to the school's website?
Wait! I know! Try Search University. :)

jackieMD2007 said:
How about open up the MSAR? Or head to the school's website?
Wait! I know! Try Search University. :)

if i wanted to look up every school i would have done that....

Members don't see this ad :)
summertime=slackingtime

DR. EUGENIC said:

heres a hint: search for problem based learning

DR. EUGENIC said:

Well...we aren't really here as a personal look-up service for all of your questions that could be answered by looking at the MSAR or in threads where it has been done (and recently!) before. :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Well...we aren't really here as a personal look-up service for all of your questions that could be answered by looking at the MSAR or in threads where it has been done (and recently!) before. :thumbup:

well i didnt ask you to anwer this....if you dont want to then move along...no need to be difficult...

DR. EUGENIC said:
well i didnt ask you to anwer this....if you dont want to then move along...no need to be difficult...

GREAT IDEA! Move along everyone. Nothing to see here... :D

DR. EUGENIC said:
not look them up...but if you already have heard something....if everyone gives one school it will be finished fast...stop being difficult...

And if you ask them one at a time in separate threads, then maybe you will get your answer for each. :rolleyes:

jackieMD2007 said:

if you are like jack MD then yes ...please move along.... :cool:

Law2Doc said:
And if you ask them one at a time in separate threads, then maybe you will get your answer for each. :rolleyes:

good idea....see someone here is very helpful....thank you,,, :D

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:

IN my Humble Opinion...

I think the question was a good, straightforward one. If you know of something, contribute to the list.

If you don't know which schools are which, then keep your mouth shut.

Just my two cents.

Oh, by the way, for a MOD you are a real A$$
Go ahead, ban me for all I care.

Oh my goodness! I'm a mod! I didn't get the memo on that one. :laugh:

EDIT: That arrow logo just means I'm an SDN donor. You can get one too, by donating to the site.

EDIT: I am not a mod. The mods are denoted by the cross logo that says MOD on it. You're right, they are nicer than me. :cool:

ChessMess said:
IN my Humble Opinion...

I think the question was a good, straightforward one. If you know of something, contribute to the list.

If you don't know which schools are which, then keep your mouth shut.

Just my two cents.

Oh, by the way, for a MOD you are a real A$$
Go ahead, ban me for all I care.

yahoo... thats what im talking about...your humble opinion is correct and i appreciate the back up.... :thumbup:

jackieMD2007 said:
Oh my goodness! I'm a mod! I didn't get the memo on that one. :laugh:

EDIT: That arrow logo just means I'm an SDN donor. You can get one too, by donating to the site.

EDIT: I am not a mod. The mods are denoted by the cross logo that says MOD on it. You're right, they are nicer than me. :cool:

hes right....hes not even worthy.....

ChessMess said:

good forum questions bring up things that are news or things that are obscure and generally not talked about much or at all, but deserve discussion. This topic although not as redundant as "what are my chances?" or "will you read my PS?" is still talked about often enough that a search is warranted before making a post.

quantummechanic said:
good forum questions bring up things that are news or things that are obscure and generally not talked about much or at all, but deserve discussion. This topic although not as redundant as "what are my chances?" or "will you read my PS?" is still talked about often enough that a search is warranted before making a post.

well than search for it and come back....other wise get out of here...man why are people such ******s!

DR. EUGENIC said:
well than search for it and come back....other wise get out of here...man why are people such ******s!

Pretty sure he was suggesting you, as the person who put up the topic, to do the search before you put up the topic. You're the one that wants to know, after all.

mvenus929 said:
Pretty sure he was suggesting you, as the person who put up the topic, to do the search before you put up the topic. You're the one that wants to know, after all.

ya i know and i was referencing him when i said...."man i wonder why people are such ******s"...that one was for you.. :eek:

quantummechanic said:

I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Honestly, it's a discussion board. Which means that topics are discussed if people want to discuss them.

If you think it's a redundant thread then don't reply - it's the quickest way for a thread to die. And also the most polite.

But, please, don't come into a discussion and tell someone who is asking a question not to ask questions - that just doesn't encourage a sense of community. If anything, what about suggesting that they might get a better response in posting individual school requests to threads where that school is discussed? A smoother way to say what you're trying to say.

But, whatevs, let's just chill.

Look. Every school has their curriculum on their website, for years M1-M4. You go to the schools website (google if you don't know it), click on Admissions or Academics and you will find everything you need. If those are the schools you are applying to, I would recommend you bookmark all of the websites as well, for your reference. That way you can ensure that you have the correct and complete information.

1. Jackie's a female and has done more than her fair share of helping people on this forum. Just check out the FAQ thread for one of many examples.

2. In the time you spent belittling nearly everyone who has dropped by this thread, typing the three little letters PBL into my earlier link would have brought up a nice list with many of your schools on it along with extra info on how this is integrated into the individual school's curriculum. I'm sure this objective and neat list would have been better than 30+ people responding haphazardly.

jackieMD2007 said:
Look. Every school has their curriculum on their website, for years M1-M4. You go to the schools website (google if you don't know it), click on Admissions or Academics and you will find everything you need. If those are the schools you are applying to, I would recommend you bookmark all of the websites as well, for your reference. That way you can ensure that you have the correct and complete information.

they have their curriculum...but it doesnt say "we administer multiple choice tests to get you accustomed for th usmle"...that is what we need to know

quantummechanic said:

I think good forum questions are the ones that many people could benefit from and this is one of them. Personally, I'm interested too, but I don't have an MSAR with me at the moment (I'm on vacation) and I don't feel like searching for every single school I'm considering. If someone already applied and does know if Harvard, say, is PBL, it would take them 2 seconds to post it. What's the harm? I fact if everyone posted what the school they got in to or just ONE they applied to did as far as curriculum one time, it could be made into a sticky so no one ever has to ask these question.

Dr Durden said:
1. Jackie's a female and has done more than her fair share of helping people on this forum. Just check out the FAQ thread for one of many examples.

2. In the time you spent belittling nearly everyone who has dropped by this thread, typing the three little letters PBL into my earlier link would have brought up a nice list with many of your schools on it along with extra info on how this is integrated into the individual school's curriculum. I'm sure this objective and neat list would have been better than 30+ people responding haphazardly.

i tried using your link...it didnt work......thats y im still here waiting... :idea:

DR. EUGENIC said:
not look them up...but if you already have heard something....if everyone gives one school it will be finished fast...stop being difficult...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbdown: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
loco

riceman04 said:

Hey Riceman, better watch out. They might call you the "meanest mod" or a "******".... :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey Riceman, better watch out. They might call you the "meanest mod" or a "******".... :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

:laugh: :laugh:

Normalmente, estoy simpatico...pero eugenics tiene problemas extranos

riceman04 said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Normalmente, estoy simpatico...pero eugenics tiene problemas extranos

normalmente, eres un retraso,y no puedes competir con mí , soy mejor siempre !! :eek:

DR. EUGENIC said:
normalmente, eres un retraso,y no puedes competir con mí , soy mejor siempre !! :eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Todo que dire es buena suerte...Ya que no quiero hacer su propia tarea, tendre muchos problemas cuando tiene que explicar "por que te gusta una programa especifica."

:thumbdown: :laugh: :laugh:

riceman04 said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Todo que dire es buena suerte...Ya que no quiero hacer su propia tarea, tendre muchos problemas cuando tiene que explicar "por que te gusta una programa especifica."

:thumbdown: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey, we're in America. If you want to speak Spanish, go back to California. :D