Legal Action against Western University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Class Action

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A message to current and former Western University med students:

Because of certain developments in the WUHS faculty and administration, particular changes in academic and financial policies, and the on-going investigation into possible discriminatory policies, a law firm is considering a legal class action against WUHS and is interested in questioning current and previous students about the above issues.

Any students who may fall into the above categories should leave comments to this posting, and contact between individuals will be confidential.

I look forward to your discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Something is rotten in Denmark

Members don't see this ad :)
uuuuhhh....go away dude.

All we do here is debate, ad nauseam, important topics such as "DO vs MD" and "For or against AA?," "IMG vs FMG"....you know...important stuff.

Oh yeah, and we entertain a lot of stuff like, "I'm in junior high school and really, really want to be a dermatopathologist in an academic setting (preferably NE region). My question is, would it be helpful to start studying for Step III now, or should I focus more on authoring my first paper?"

Anyway...lot's of important stuff going on SDN...we don't have the time for your silly little "class action suit," okay?

This forum is for DO and Pre-DO students to share information. I think you are in the wrong forum to solicitate comment for your lawsuit against COMP.

My advice is that if you do not have any hard evidence against COMP, drop your case. We already have enough frivolous lawsuits as is, why start more? I am sure you have better use for your time.

Our SDN Administrator should close this thread. It does not belong here.

Doesn't this "law firm" have something better to do with their time like sue some 12 year old napster kids downloading "Brittany" ...or perhaps sueing a fast food chain for the sake of a fat kid?
I smell "justice" for the sake of the almighty $$

CLOSE THIS THREAD

This is obviously someone trying to stir up trouble.

I mean, come on, a lawyer wouldn't be so seedy as to resort to hunting down people on a discussion forum just to............ Oh, wait a minute, yes they would.

Nevermind :D

Lawyers+pissed+

I wonder how many frivilous malpractice suits this lawfirm has made against physicians, now they seek our help so they can another slice of the medical pie...

Lawyers getting rich on physicians hard work...:eek: :eek:

Let me start by saying I am truly concerned by the notion that many of the previous posters might someday become doctors, let me quote a few pearls:

"uuuuhhh....go away dude"

"lot's of important stuff going on SDN...we don't have the time for your silly little "class action suit," okay"

"I wonder how many frivilous malpractice suits this lawfirm has made against physicians, now they seek our help so they can another slice of the medical pie..."

Aside from the obvious lack of power with the English language the other very apparent condition is an extreme over-inflated opinion of self, leading to a over indulgent sense of self importance.

Basically, you don't know what you don't know. The people behind this lawsuit are not attorneys or some law firm seeking to get some easy money. They are people, such as myself who have had the course of our lives altered due to a decision to choose COMP over other schools and came to regret that decision. I was once a student at COMP and found the environment to be the most adversarial, Orwellian climate I have ever encountered. I was fresh out of grad school, yes, that's right, I entered COMP with a graduate degree in the sciences (with publications and poster presentations at national level conventions) and a mid 30's MCAT score. I was accepted at several schools and chose COMP because it was the closest to my wife and I's families and we beleived the marketing BS that it was a good school. Good motivation, bad decision.

I voluntarily left after one semester with I might add, a letter from the dean stating that I was leaving the school under good terms and they asked me to reconsider. I left because I no longer wanted to be a part of an institution that actively persecutes some students while favoring others and all the while delivering a sub-standard education. Just look at the board scores and how many students at COMP fail them, here's a hint, its in the double digit percentages.

This year the dean of the medical school was fired. This lead to a cascade of people quiting, such as the student liason in the dean's office and others in the administration directly below the dean. Later, the head of the accademic committee was stripped of his position by the faculty and the faculty is also working to have his tenure removed. This same faculty member was fired from his job at Univ of Tenn but COMP thought he might be a good addition to their faculty. He also had this strange habit of sexual descrimination, now where I live thats against the law.

Now does that sound like a healthy institution of higher learning? Does that sound like there may have been some problems there? Unfortunately in our country today, most of the time, changes do not occur at an institution such as COMP unless legal proceedings are brought against them. And that is exactly what we intend to do.

And we are looking for others who may have legitimate issues with dean Lenz et. al. and COMP. If this is not you, move on the next thread and don't waste space here with your stupid, ignorrant editorial opinions about things you know nothing about.

Want some cheese with that whine? +pity+

BTW, my first post was mostly in jest...I was really making fun of SDN, and that fact that most of our thread topics are insanely trivial.

But whatever...you obviously didn't get it. As for this whole COMP thing....who cares? I sure as hell don't. I just don't think SDN should become a vehicle for initiating law suits...call me crazy.

Anyway...just what we need in this country...more litigation.

Originally posted by anonymous student
And we are looking for others who may have legitimate issues with dean Lenz et. al. and COMP. If this is not you, move on the next thread and don't waste space here with your stupid, ignorrant editorial opinions about things you know nothing about.

Nope...don't really want to. In fact, I think I'll post all over this thread just to annoy you.

BTW...do people tell you that you whine a lot?

cry.gif

picture of anonymous student :D

Anonymous, we hear you. However, I think that an internet forum is not exactly the most appropriate place to seek plaintiffs for your case.

Also, if you left the school after one semester why are you so interested in initiating legal action? Why don't you just finish your studies in the school you transferred to and get on with life?

If the school has problems, they'll solve them in due time. I don't think a lawsuit will initiate that change. When board scores start to drop and students start looking elsewhere to study that'll initiate change. A lawsuit will just waste money and make lawyers rich.

Originally posted by anonymous student
They are people, such as myself who have had the course of our lives altered due to a decision to choose COMP over other schools and came to regret that decision.

Maybe you should sue the school. Why not? everyone's doing it

hey, you not only paid for a primary application but probably a secondary, accepted the interview there, then after visiting and talking with people, took the acceptance. You mean to tell me that something worth suing a school over wasn't apparent when you visited?

Sounds like you're suing the school because you made a bad decision, not because they have issues. Clearly people are surviving there and the AOA hasn't felt there is anything warranting taking action against their accreditation.

I'm truly sorry about your situation however failing to accept responsibility for a bad decision by suing the school seems pretty unnecessary.

...and I'm sure there's more to the story but none of us want to hear it. Stop using a charitable free service to do your dirty work...

I was kind of joking around too but hey, now it's on...

Personally, I agree with some of the above posters who mentioned that these forums are probably not the best place to acquire the sort of information you may be looking for. I say this with the sentiment that it would be in the best interest of both SDN, its members, and whatever firm or group is pursuing this sort of information.

As much as I think your best bet would be to ask former classmates for their opinions, the thought of soliciting that sort of information from former classmates (the majority of whom probably plan on graduating from our school and building hopefully successful medical careers) is a little disturbing.

I do believe in providing information so prospective students (and other interested groups) can develop their own opinions on what schools may be the best fit for them. However, your post seems quite weighed towards a negative viewpoint of WUHS and I don't expect that to change much. Please pursue your venture elsewhere.

As a side note, the COMLEX fail rate for the most recent class entering rotations was single digits. Pass rates vary from class to class so it is wise to keep up-to-date with this sort of information. (Thanks for everyone who picked up on my typo that is now corrected.)

What's the difference b/t a catfish and a lawyer?

one is a scum sucking bottom feeder and the other one is a fish.