legalizing marijuana = more business for pharmacists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmd20000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how legalizing marijuana will affect the pharmacist? more business means higher salary? and who will be allowed to sell marijuana to the public?

Members don't see this ad.

1) It won't be legalized
2) Do you think pharmacists would really want to be selling pot?
3) Don't you think this question is a bit ridiculous?

First of all:lock: . Then, it will only ever be used for medical purposes. So there will be no extra business for pharmacists. End of topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
well lets be more realistic and apply this to medical marijuana. in california they have "clubs" or stores that dispense the prescription. also they have created prescription vending machines that dispense after hours. in short, marijuana legalization medical or not will not benefit pharmacists.

I think that pharmaceutical companies are against legalizing marijuana as they would lose sales on their painkillers.. I see its prescription being more prevalent in the near future, but I don't think it would mean more business for pharmacies as it would designated to dispensaries (definitely more tax revenue for the government though)

:laugh: This is the perfect thread for the Bob Marley avatar.

I think that pharmaceutical companies are against legalizing marijuana as they would lose sales on their painkillers.. I see its prescription being more prevalent in the near future, but I don't think it would mean more business for pharmacies as it would designated to dispensaries (definitely more tax revenue for the government though)

LOL! Bob Marley might like marijuana, but he wanted to send a message to the world that we should all think outside of the box (For example: "emancipate yourself from mental slavery" in Redemption Song). I wish the government thinks like him. Our world would be more peaceful and there would be no more cartels and shady drug dealers. Which would lower the violence that are happening in our streets nowadays. While lowering the violence in our streets, I would also agree that our tax revenue would boost up and we would finish the debt we had with Iraq in a couple years.

This country is way too prude for this to happen.

Does anyone know if pharmacy schools would care if a student went to Amsterdam over the summer? Not really breaking the law to smoke marijuana over there.

Yes, I agree that this country is very prude about that kind of stuff. Did you guys hear about swiss legalizing heroin for some kind of program for addicts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/30/heroin-legalization-progr_n_147245.html

LOL, how would the pharmacy school know if you went to Amsterdam? Just don't tell the school! My brother went to study abroad in the Netherlands and had a great time.

LOL! Bob Marley might like marijuana, but he wanted to send a message to the world that we should all think outside of the box (For example: "emancipate yourself from mental slavery" in Redemption Song). I wish the government thinks like him. Our world would be more peaceful and there would be no more cartels and shady drug dealers. Which would lower the violence that are happening in our streets nowadays. While lowering the violence in our streets, I would also agree that our tax revenue would boost up and we would finish the debt we had with Iraq in a couple years.

It would still take several centuries to clear up that debt just from tax revenue from this source, but hey it's a start.

Yes, I agree that this country is very prude about that kind of stuff. Did you guys hear about swiss legalizing heroin for some kind of program for addicts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/30/heroin-legalization-progr_n_147245.html

LOL, how would the pharmacy school know if you went to Amsterdam? Just don't tell the school! My brother went to study abroad in the Netherlands and had a great time.

Well, if they drug test you at the beginning of the school year, and you're positive for marijuana among other drugs that are probably legal in Europe, you're gonna need a good explanation. Is a trip to Amsterdam a good enough explanation for this?

Do they drug test you at pharamcy school? lol That's funny. :shrug: either way, it doesn't matter to me...just curious. But yeah, all that aside even, Amsterdam is really great. The people are so laid back there. If you go in May you can see all the tulips in Keukenhof too!! Do EET!

I think they have the option to do random drug tests at UK, although I don't think that has happened anytime recently. Bottom line: if you're in pharmacy school don't do illegal drugs (or go to foreign countries to do 'legal' drugs). Is the risk of getting thrown out of school and probably never getting admitted anywhere else really worth it?

I have never heard of required drug testing for new pharmacy students before. I can see why they would do it, though.

The leaders of this country have to get that stick out of their ass and start realizing there are worse things than people getting high.

If you're gonna ban marijuana, you should ban alcohol too.

Like Chris Rock said, the government doesn't hate drugs. They want you to get hooked on THEIR drugs. The more likely reason why marijuana is banned is because the best stuff isn't made in the US.

The leaders of this country have to get that stick out of their ass and start realizing there are worse things than people getting high.

If you're gonna ban marijuana, you should ban alcohol too.

Like Chris Rock said, the government doesn't hate drugs. They want you to get hooked on THEIR drugs. The more likely reason why marijuana is banned is because the best stuff isn't made in the US.

I agree...I think everything should be legal...if someone wants to get high why do I care? it doesn't affect anyone but his or herself. :rolleyes:

It is actually legal to smoke weed in the privacy of your own home on the big island of hawaii. To the person that said legalized pot would only be available for medical purposes only. Isn't it already legal for medical purposes only?