Legit Online Medical Terminology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preptdavid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can take a legit online medical terminology course? I did a quick search and ed2go.com came up. Does anyone have any experience with this site or have suggestions? GA Regents requires a medical terminology course but my local college doesn't offer it.

Thanks all,
Dave

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD has an online course. Pretty legit to me, I enjoyed it a lot:)

I had the same problem with my closest school not offering it (unless you were specifically enrolled in their healthcare programs already). Loma Linda University referred me to www.universalclass.com. It meets the medical terminology requirements for their program so it may work for yours as well. They did say to just make sure you pay the extra fee for the CEU cert when you register (it's $75 total).

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can take a legit online medical terminology course? I did a quick search and ed2go.com came up. Does anyone have any experience with this site or have suggestions? GA Regents requires a medical terminology course but my local college doesn't offer it.

Thanks all,
Dave

I took mine at my local JC at the time, Cuesta college. Not sure what out of state fees are though. I am on the waitlist for georgia regents and they accepted it :)

I took a 3 credit hour online medical terminology course through University of Alabama at Birmingham.

Thanks marketing maven! I'm glad you are posting this in every thread even related to this. Had I not seen the 4 other bumped threads I would have never known. Thanks to your marketing genius I can achieve my dreams and fly high.

A better option would be to go through a well known institute like The Canadian Red Cross. It provides the credibility that employers and schools are looking for. It’s also a self-paced learning module, accessible 24/7 on the Internet. And you print your certificate right from home.

Thanks all,
Dave

If you are in GA, the community colleges have a online med terminology.

Saddleback College just opened its Medical Terminology course online. It's under Health Sciences HSC 201. You learn lot, pretty popular there

I took Medical Terminology online at UNC Charlotte! Got in-state tuition because I have residency there while I finish up undergrad (it's not offered at my undergrad).