Lehman College. Opinions? Considering summer Biochemistry course.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghostman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever attended CUNY-Lehman College or taken any of the summer courses there? I'm thinking about taking Biochemistry. The Biochemistry course doesn't currently list a professor (just says "staff"), so I can't tell if this professor will be any good. And is the neighborhood safe?

Their biochemistry course fits my schedule as long as I don't take the lab. The director of special academic sessions indicated that it will satisfy pre-med Biochemistry requirements, even though the course is called "Introductory Biochemistry". He did say med schools will be looking for the lab, but I've yet to find a med school that requires Biochem lab.

Any input would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever attended CUNY-Lehman College or taken any of the summer courses there? I'm thinking about taking Biochemistry. The Biochemistry course doesn't currently list a professor (just says "staff"), so I can't tell if this professor will be any good. And is the neighborhood safe?

Their biochemistry course fits my schedule as long as I don't take the lab. The director of special academic sessions indicated that it will satisfy pre-med Biochemistry requirements, even though the course is called "Introductory Biochemistry". He did say med schools will be looking for the lab, but I've yet to find a med school that requires Biochem lab.

Any input would be helpful.

I don't think you have to worry about a lab component for biochem. That said, there are no "pre-med biochemistry requirements." As long as the course is listed as an upper level bio or chem class then you are good to go.

As far as professors go, I'm not sure what they are like at Lehman. But I can tell you that regardless of professor it is really about getting down to the nitty-gritty and working through this stuff on your own. The material is not hard, however there is a lot to cover, so keep up with it, i.e. start putting in the study hours from day one.

Anyways, I hear Lehman is a good school with some solid science programs, so I'm sure the biochem will be up to par.