Lender choice for cost of attendance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allstardentist

All-Star
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was comparing a few suggested lender choices for my cost of attendance. It seems like they are pretty much similiar except that bank of america has 0% origination fee for federal stafford loan and citibank has an automatic 0.5% interest rate reduction once you enter repayment and waive last 6 months of payment if the rest were paid on time. So I am leaning towards using citibank as my lender. Anyone has any suggestions/opinions on this? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just talked to my financial aid advisor and she said citibank is not going to give student loans anymore starting now. if you have loans through them (like me) everything is fine, you just have to pick a different lender for next year.

kurt10 said:
I just talked to my financial aid advisor and she said citibank is not going to give student loans anymore starting now. if you have loans through them (like me) everything is fine, you just have to pick a different lender for next year.
You sure you don't mean Bank of America (and just for private loans)? From their site:
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for private student loans. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please refer to the Federal Loans section on this site to review our Federal Student Loan Programs or contact your school for additional options.
I can't find anything on Citi's site about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went with citibank for my D1 year. Just signed the MPN a couple days ago.

Yeah citibank is still giving student loans. Got approved for one myself.