Length of Curriculum...Too long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pecanpie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the length of the school year at other osteopathic schools were. There was a rumor that my school has the longest school year of any medical school. We get two weeks off for Xmas, 4 weeks for summer and a week for spring break. I know DO schools have longer school years in general, but I didn't expect it to be this long. Please don't be preachy and tell me that I should just be glad I'm in med school. I am very happy to be in med school. Just curious.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

that is pretty intense if its first year that you're talking about....we have around 2 months for summer and 3 weeks winter break for MSI...

However...if you finish MSII early and have extra time to study for the boards i think it can be an advantage...I know some schools do that...

What school are you at because that sounds an awful lot like our schedule. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
pecanpie said:
I was just wondering what the length of the school year at other osteopathic schools were. There was a rumor that my school has the longest school year of any medical school. We get two weeks off for Xmas, 4 weeks for summer and a week for spring break. I know DO schools have longer school years in general, but I didn't expect it to be this long. Please don't be preachy and tell me that I should just be glad I'm in med school. I am very happy to be in med school. Just curious.

Thanks.

SUMMER: May 7th 2005-August 21st 2005

WINTER: December 17th 2005-January 3rd 3006

SPRING BREAK: March 11th-19th, 2006

That is the first year schedule by the way. I think we do get extra time off after our second year for boards.

Is that schedule for second or first year, OSU?

I wished they put this information in their shiny brochures.