length of essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rdhdstpkd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a secondary from uab (and I'm a resident). It seems unbelievably late to me, but my pre-med counselor assured me that they were running behind this year and that a lot of people still haven't received them. Anyway, I'm a reapplicant and one of the questions on the the e_app is 'Tell us how you have improved your credentials since your last app'. There is a little box, but I've experiemented to find out that it will hold a whole page essay. I'm not sure, given the space what they're expecting. I could write a book, or make a short paragraph. Anyone had to deal with this issue? How long should something like this be?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

That's really up to you. If you have done absolutely nothing to improve your credentials since your last app. then obviously it's not going to be very long. But if you've improved your grades, MCAT's, EC's, etc. then you can explain that there. No one knows for sure what they are expecting, except for the people at UAB making the decisions. But since you're a re-applicant they want to see what has changed from an app. that was rejected last year. I don't think there needs to be a set length, it's all on you.