length of rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hennypenny

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am in the process of making my rank list and was wondering if there is a "magic number" for maximizing chances of matching. my problem is, after all the places i interviewed minus: 1) programs not going through the match and 2) programs i didn't like and therefore don't want to rank (murphy's law, with my luck), there are only really 5 or 6 places i'm truly interested in going to. i've spoken to the PD at my #1 choice and got really positive feedback, but do you think a rank list of 5 or 6 places will be sufficient?? what do you guys think?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

it should suffice.

by the way, i can't seem to get the program codes. nrmp seems to be malfunctioning.

I would rank all the programs you are willing to attend. If you would rather scramble than attend a specific program then don't rank it.

yeah, i had issues with nrmp codes the first day but what i do now is go to "directory" and search for your program, then enter the code manually on your rank list.