Length of Recommendation letter from dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeethRCool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
will 3/4-1 page suffice?I asked the dentist I shadowed and he just wants an approximation to how long the letter should be.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was a little less than a page long, if that helps any.

-Ana
USC c/o 2010

See I wasn't sure about the length ethier, but I'm at 1 page if it's single spaced, this sounds like a dumb question, does this letter need to be double spaced? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
500 words is about average i hear. I only wrote 400 words though..

Edit: Oops that was stupid - i thought you were talking about your essay for AADSAS - disregard please

Mine was 1.5 spaced. I don't think it matters. Its like the old saying goes: its quality, not quantity. If the letter speaks volumes of your abilites in a short space, it will make a good impression with the adcoms.

I wrote about one page, single spaced. :D

DDS:) said:
I wrote about one page, single spaced. :D

some of you guys are talking about personal statements. HE is not writing anything. he wants to know how long the DENTIST'S LETTER should be.

to the op, sorry, i don't really know

it doesnt really matter how long it is as long as it covers all the things the recommender wants to say. I would guess a single page single spaced (or a two page double spaced) letter is sufficient, but it can certainly be lets say more than two pages if your recommender wants to write more about you.