Program-Specific Info / Q's Lenoir Rhyne OT 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Km1221

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Has anyone done the zoom interview with LRU yet? This is the first year they’re doing this and iv never done a zoom interview so I have no idea what to expect!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting the interview! I did mine back in December and it went by quick and the three faculty members I talked to were very laid back and nice. For 10 minutes each, you talk to three of the faculty members, two of which reviewed your files and one who did not. They ask pretty general, straight forward interview questions. You just enter the interview "room" at your allotted time and the first interviewer will enter and start asking you questions and after 10 minutes, the next person will enter the room and the first one will leave the room. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on getting the interview! I did mine back in December and it went by quick and the three faculty members I talked to were very laid back and nice. For 10 minutes each, you talk to three of the faculty members, two of which reviewed your files and one who did not. They ask pretty general, straight forward interview questions. You just enter the interview "room" at your allotted time and the first interviewer will enter and start asking you questions and after 10 minutes, the next person will enter the room and the first one will leave the room. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me!

Hi there! Thank you for providing all of this helpful information about LRU! Since this program is rolling, did you already hear back about your acceptance, wait list, or denial? If you did hear back, how long did it take for them to get back to you? I interviewed on Zoom last week and am just waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! Thank you for providing all of this helpful information about LRU! Since this program is rolling, did you already hear back about your acceptance, wait list, or denial? If you did hear back, how long did it take for them to get back to you? I interviewed on Zoom last week and am just waiting to hear back!
[/QUOTE]

I remember them saying it would take 1-2 weeks for them to respond with a decision! Congrats on your interview I have mine this Friday!

Reactions: 1 user

Have you heard back yet?

Hi there, I haven't heard back yet! I interviewed on Jan 31st and am still waiting, what about you?? I guess I have to hear back by the end of the week.

I havent Yet but I just Had mine on Friday! Mine was originally supposed to be the day you had yours but I had to change it! Hopefully we hear soon!

I havent Yet but I just Had mine on Friday! Mine was originally supposed to be the day you had yours but I had to change it! Hopefully we hear soon!
Oh sweet! Yes I hope we find out so soon! I know some people who have already gotten in, so I'm just ready to find out haha

Yes I did! I'm from NC so I'd rather go to hickory, but I just applied to both! Did you?

Yeah I did apply to both and I’m also from NC, but they’re about the same distance from where I live now so either one would be good for me! Where else in NC did you apply to?

Yeah I did apply to both and I’m also from NC, but they’re about the same distance from where I live now so either one would be good for me! Where else in NC did you apply to?
Oh shoot that's super nice then! I applied to UNC (denied), WSSU, LRU and ECU (waitlisted) - what about you?

Oh shoot that's super nice then! I applied to UNC (denied), WSSU, LRU and ECU (waitlisted) - what about you?

That’s awesome you were at least waitlisted at ECU! WSSU, LRU, ECU (denied), wingate (interview 2/24). I’m desperately waiting to hear from WSSU but I’m nervous because they get SO many applications!

That’s awesome you were at least waitlisted at ECU! WSSU, LRU, ECU (denied), wingate (interview 2/24). I’m desperately waiting to hear from WSSU but I’m nervous because they get SO many applications!
Exactly! WSSU is probably my number 1 choice, but I'm so anxious to hear - they said it will probably be the end of February though before we find out :/ That's awesome about your wingate interview though!

I did my interview back in December and heard back a week later that I was accepted to the Hickory campus. Anyone else get in for that campus?!

Iv been accepted to both campuses and idk how I’m gonna decide which one! I’m on the waitlist at WSSU so I’m gonna wait to hopefully hear back from them. I’m leaning more towards Columbia because there’s more around, but I’ll still need to go visit first. I did Visit the hickory campus and really liked it though. There’s just not much around it though! Both campuses are similar in distance from where I live now, Columbia is about an hour further though.

Hi all ! I'm late to this thread but i was admitted to LR Columbia (I only applied to that location) . I just recently paid my seat deposit. I live in Illinois so I will be going to visit the campus early march during my spring break! I'm really excited and the faculty at LR Columbia seem awesome! Has anyone else decided to attend the Columbia location?

Hi all ! I'm late to this thread but i was admitted to LR Columbia (I only applied to that location) . I just recently paid my seat deposit. I live in Illinois so I will be going to visit the campus early march during my spring break! I'm really excited and the faculty at LR Columbia seem awesome! Has anyone else decided to attend the Columbia location?

If I decide on LR then it will most likely be to the Columbia campus! My deposit is due early March, but I’m waiting on one more school before paying! I’ll keep you updated :) I really like who I interviewed with at Columbia! I haven't been able to visit yet so let me know how it is there after you visit!! Iv been searching for some pictures and stuff, but don’t come across much haha

If I decide on LR then it will most likely be to the Columbia campus! My deposit is due early March, but I’m waiting on one more school before paying! I’ll keep you updated :) I really like who I interviewed with at Columbia! I haven't been able to visit yet so let me know how it is there after you visit!! Iv been searching for some pictures and stuff, but don’t come across much haha

Yay sounds good please keep me updated! I totally feel you on the waiting to make the seat deposit, its a big one!! I would have waited a little longer but mine was due today. I'll forsure let you know how the campus is after I visit! I'm meeting with faculty and getting a tour on march 6th. I'm not really familiar with SC since I'm from Illinois but I do have friends who live in Charleston and they say good things about Columbia! I think the campus itself might be small since there is only 3 programs there but I don't mind not being around undergrads lol. I'm not sure how to private message you but if you want to message me so then I can send you stuff about LR once I visit feel free :)