Let’s get started

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyDRxPnow

Clinical Psychology
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to start off this new forum with a question. Is there anyone getting ready to sit in for the LMHC exam (mental health counseling license)? I heard it has been revised so that you get your results immediately online and it is offered on a monthly basis. Any input is appreciated!

p.s. keep this forum going

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand the point of having a seperate forum. LPC's and MSW's may have similar clinical experiences and questions that might be addressed in the main clinical psyc forum. Are those of us with an MA on route to getting a PhD supposed to use this forum? Or just those of us with no intention in getting a PhD? - are their questions any less valid?

As it applies to the forums, I think this is a rediculous distinction to make. If you want to have a seperate forum for undergrads, then yes, do so... but grad students do not need to be segregated based on their level of training.

We felt that there is such a significant difference between doctoral track students and masters-level that separate forums would be useful. Students at any level who are on track for psychologist licensure should post their relevant queries in the psychology (PhD/PsyD) forum. Students of psychology related, non-doctoral level licensure now have their own forum. Any and all are welcome to post and interact on any SDN forum regardless of their license tract, degree, field etc. I post is psychiatry all the time.:cool: