Let’s show some love for SDN (i.e. get the server fixed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biendesalud

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time do you spend on SDN?

SDN is a free and non-profit website. However, they are obviously growing and need to expand their bandwidth.

In the past 365 days, you have probably spent more than 3 hours on SDN (especially if you have 100+ posts not to mention those with 1k+!!!). If not, just wait for your addiction to grow ;)

You have probably found at least some useful information or entertainment using this site.

What you can normally buy for $7.50 (approximately) usually lasts less than three hours:

2-3 beers
2-3 cappuccinos
2-3 slices of pizza
1 student or matinee movie ticket
1 appetizer at a fancy restaurant

What you can normally buy for $20 is not much more.

Donations = Bandwidth = Less time between refresh clicks :D

We all are or are soon to be poor students, but, really, this is a small amount of $$.

You can donate with your credit card through Paypal without setting up a Paypal account.

Go ahead and show some love.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/announcement.php?f=10

Members don't see this ad.

An update...Thanks to those who have donated! I'm sure more help would be appreciated.

LeeABurnett said:
Two times in the past 2 days the database-end of the fourms has crapped-out. I'm sure you noticed the 6 hours of downtime this morning.

So, I've brought in some uber-geeks to fix this damned forum.

They've check-out everything and our current tech guys are working with them. We're going to move the forums to one high-powered server, change to OpenBSD for an operating system and do some customization of the PHP coding - specifically in the search script. It's going to cost $120/hour to get it done -- but hopefully once it's done, we'll not have to face these problems anymore!

so my thoughts on this..... in 10 years, i'll donate 100. interest included.

damn that MySQL server!!!

maybe SDN should buy a dedicated server...