Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Let me hear from you please!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kylie, May 1, 2002.

1. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

I saw the post a while back, but can you list any and all 1-year masters programs available, please.

2. tater tot

tater tot Member
    7+ Year Member

1 yr Masters:

georgetown, BU, and MCP

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I bumped up a thread that might be useful, and here's the link: <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010909;p=" target="_blank">official post bac / grad thread</a>

4. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

thank you tater and foxy

5. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

Columbia has a one year MS in Human Nutrition, where physicians, those planning on going into medical school, and those considering a phd in Nutrition study the clinical and molecular aspects of nutrition with respect to disease and health.

It is ok (I'm doing it). I thought it would be a lot more clinically oriented, considering it is in P&S, but most of the courses focus on molecular aspects and nutritional research. I probably wouldn't do it if I had to do it over again, but I guess a MS from Columbia can't hurt the resume. Actually, if you are interested in the pathophysiology of obesity, syndrome X, etc it is a very informative program. The weakness lies in its organization and the wide range lecturers (some are great, some suck).

You can find the program by going to <a href="http://www.columbia.edu." target="_blank">www.columbia.edu.</a> then click on Departments, scroll down to P&S and click on the Institute of Human Nutrition.

6. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you souljah. What you mentioned does actually interest me. I appreciate the advice/information.