1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Let me hear from you please!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kylie, May 1, 2002.

1. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

I saw the post a while back, but can you list any and all 1-year masters programs available, please.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tater tot

tater tot Member
    7+ Year Member

1 yr Masters:

georgetown, BU, and MCP

4. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I bumped up a thread that might be useful, and here's the link: <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010909;p=" target="_blank">official post bac / grad thread</a>

5. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

thank you tater and foxy

6. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

Columbia has a one year MS in Human Nutrition, where physicians, those planning on going into medical school, and those considering a phd in Nutrition study the clinical and molecular aspects of nutrition with respect to disease and health.

It is ok (I'm doing it). I thought it would be a lot more clinically oriented, considering it is in P&S, but most of the courses focus on molecular aspects and nutritional research. I probably wouldn't do it if I had to do it over again, but I guess a MS from Columbia can't hurt the resume. Actually, if you are interested in the pathophysiology of obesity, syndrome X, etc it is a very informative program. The weakness lies in its organization and the wide range lecturers (some are great, some suck).

You can find the program by going to <a href="http://www.columbia.edu." target="_blank">www.columbia.edu.</a> then click on Departments, scroll down to P&S and click on the Institute of Human Nutrition.

7. kylie

kylie Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you souljah. What you mentioned does actually interest me. I appreciate the advice/information.