Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Let them review minus one LOR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by klp14, Nov 12, 2002.

1. klp14

klp14 Member in Flipflops
    7+ Year Member

Here's an opinion/experience question. My application is complete at UVM other than an additional LOR from my graduate professor, who has been a little lax in sending them out. The grad school LOR is not required for UVM, so should I ask them to begin reviewing my app and add the grad letter when it arrives? It's so late in the process that I'm afraid waiting too long will put me out of the interview pool (out of state).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TranceKitten

TranceKitten Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had precisely the same question for the admissions advisor at Stanford. In my case, her advice was the best thing to do is to send all letters at once otherwise, you run the risk of the application being sent to review with out the benefit of the letter. She said that if the delay is not more than a week then it would not hurt my chances. Also, try dropping by your professors? office and give him/her a thank you card. This is a nice way to remind your busy professor about you and their commitment to writing you a letter. Good luck! :)

4. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey klp-
    from my limited knowledge, it would not hurt you to have your application reviewed as is. i know that columbia will review your app again if you have additional material to add. my suggestion would be to contact UVM and see if they would to the same. my guess is that they would. ok, have to go read up on mouthwash and oral cancer... you're missing out ;) good luck lil' girlie.
    your pal,
    peter

5. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If it were my application I'd want them to go ahead and begin the review, unless you think it's going to be a great letter. In fact I have an extra LOR to use in case of rough water.

6. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    if it's a post-interview review, I'd say no. But if it's a pre-interview review...well, then I'm not sure.