Let's aggregate all the places you can take a free CBT online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SonOfKrypton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan has one as well. But the only one you should take is AAMC#3 at www.e-mcat.com, since the others are all more difficult than the real MCAT to convince you to take their classes.

Kaplan has one as well. But the only one you should take is AAMC#3 at www.e-mcat.com, since the others are all more difficult than the real MCAT to convince you to take their classes.

So you literally just avoid all the non-AAMC ones just because they are harder? I mean, there are ONLY 10 AAMC ones. Having already taken the test once, I've been through 4 (or 5, can't remember) of them, so I wanted to take a run at as many non-AAMC ones as I can before I expend my final AAMC tests.

No, I avoided them because they're not similar to the MCAT. They're easier, harder, wrong curves, etc. There is a ranking somewhere of best non-AAMC FLs, but the free ones are never included because the free ones are most dissimilar.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I avoided them because they're not similar to the MCAT. They're easier, harder, wrong curves, etc. There is a ranking somewhere of best non-AAMC FLs, but the free ones are never included because the free ones are most dissimilar.

Ok, I understand ya know. Got any idea where that ranking is?

Despite the fact that all the other ones are different, I took as many outside FLs as possible. Why? Because it gave me the confidence to know even if the real thing throws me crazy stuff in a way I've never seen before, I'll be ok.

People think OMG the curve is off or OMG this won't predict my score I'm not gonna do it..The point of practicing is to find weaknesses and test your knowledge. If you really want to improve, you'll do everything and anything you can.

And as "representative" as the AAMC practice ones are, if you check every single MCAT test day thread, there are people saying it was "nothing like the AAMC" or "waay harder."

Kaplan has a free diagnostic, but its not full length.
Gold standard has a free full length, which I HIGHLY recommend.

Goodluck.

Despite the fact that all the other ones are different, I took as many outside FLs as possible. Why? Because it gave me the confidence to know even if the real thing throws me crazy stuff in a way I've never seen before, I'll be ok.

People think OMG the curve is off or OMG this won't predict my score I'm not gonna do it..The point of practicing is to find weaknesses and test your knowledge. If you really want to improve, you'll do everything and anything you can.

And as "representative" as the AAMC practice ones are, if you check every single MCAT test day thread, there are people saying it was "nothing like the AAMC" or "waay harder."

Kaplan has a free diagnostic, but its not full length.
Gold standard has a free full length, which I HIGHLY recommend.

Goodluck.

In the September 10th thread I think Baboo posted most of the free ones.

Also to the qoute above, I agree with using other practice tests to find weaknesses. However, I STRONGLY disagree that the AAMCs aren't representative. If you keep reading and wait until scores come out and not just give up on the thread then you will see that the curve and standardization process balances things out with your AAMCs. The AAMC might not be the same material or topics tested but as far as score indication goes, THEY ARE SOLID. I want you to do me a favor and read the June 18th thread when they took the test and then read their responses from the last few days. None of them thought they did as well as their averages but MOST of them came out with their average or above. Are some going to score lower? Of course, they're always nerves and other situations to deal with but if you've done well on AAMCs then you can rest assure that you will MOST LIKELY do well on the real deal. There is no guarantee is this process but the AAMCs predicting your scores is as close as you can get to one.

-LIS

Last edited:
In the September 10th thread I think Baboo posted most of the free ones.

Also to the qoute above, I agree with using other practice tests to find weaknesses. However, I STRONGLY disagree that the AAMCs aren't representative. If you keep reading and wait until scores come out and not just give up on the thread then you will see that the curve and standardization process balances things out with your AAMCs. The AAMC might not be the same material or topics tested but as far as score indication goes, THEY ARE SOLID. I want you to do me a favor and read the June 18th thread when they took the test and then read their responses from the last few days. None of them thought they did as well as their averages but MOST of them came out with their average or above. Are some going to score lower? Of course, they're always nerves and other situations to deal with but if you've done well on AAMCs then you can rest assure that you will MOST LIKELY do well on the real deal. There is no guarantee is this process but the AAMCs predicting your scores is as close as you can get to one.

-LIS

Of course some people scored their averages. I don't deny that. I know AAMCs are the most representative thing you're going to get.

The only problem with reading testimonials like those is the fact that people who did well or hit their average are 1000000x more likely to share how they did than people who didn't do hot. And if you look at any MCAT percentiles, you realize ALOT of people don't do very hot. This majority of these people won't post nor do I think they are proportionally represented on SDN.

All my opinion of course.

edit: Ive been following the June 18th post, I actually took it that day and voided. Retook July 18th and felt much much much much better about it.

True. But I'm referring to people who posted their scores AND posted reactions right after testing.

Also, to me putting representative in parenthesis implies that you are being sarcastic/doubtful. Just telling you how I saw that statement.

-LIS