Let's hear from those who scored higher on the real mcat than any of the AMCAS practi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keithslc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any of you who scored higher on the real MCAT, than on the AMCAS 3R-7R practice tests?..What was it that made you score higher on the actual test day?

thanks for replying. : :D

Members don't see this ad.

I beat my 3R by a whole bunch. I think the concentration and focus you have during the test boosts the score a lot. I also think my actual MCAT had material that I knew better, so luck too.

I did 3 points better than my best overall score, and part of that was the highest PS score I ever got (I'm good with chemistry, not so great at physics). And I equalled the highest scores I got in the other two sections, so it really all came together on the right day.

I attribute it to a combination of adrenaline, determination and dumb luck. ;)

I did think the test was comparable to the online resources; I found them very helpful in my preparation (they were the only full-length practice tests I took).

I'd wait another two weeks to really get this thread going. People will get their April scores back.

Yes, waiting sucks.

I got 4 points higher on the real thing than on any of my practice tests. I think I just had everything together by the time the test rolled around. I had a good night's sleep, I packed the best lunch of my life, had figured out which sections I needed to step up the pace and which I could just take my time in. Also, I think the adrenaline really helped get me in the zone.