Let's Really start speculating now!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Olsen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I hope all of your summers are going well and the stress (now induced by WAITING not WRITING!) is not too bad.

Everyone knows that admissions boards have certain formulae which are used to establish a "minimum" requirement for the apps to be sent to the committee. Any ideas on what they might be? I have heard a total of 70 for GPA + MCAT. Of course that is most likely an urban legend but perhaps there is someone on the board with first- hand knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

70! yikesss. Does that mean i have to have something like a 4.0 GPA and a 30 MCAT or 3.5 GPA and 35 MCAT to even get considered? I hope not, cause if thats the case, im walking to McDonalds across the street and filling out an application right now. (Not that theres anything wrong with working at McDonalds.. :))

DOCTORSAIB

It's been fairly commonly talked about how my state school does it

G.P.A. multiplied times 100 plus MCAT total multiplied by 10 must equal around 600-650 or something.

I have no idea if it is true, but that has been the rumor from year to year.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
By this scale, I've got a 680, so I should be in. Could one of you please forward this tidbit to all the adcoms at the school I want to go to so I can just skip all this application and interview nonsense? ;)

I also have a 680! See you next year jamier2!!! :D