SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

let's talk about curricular differences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BoxingTheStars, May 9, 2008.

1. BoxingTheStars

BoxingTheStars chase this light with me 2+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Trying to decide which curriculum I like better, but I can't really figure out which one is a better fit for me.

Anatomy: (A) taken by itself, first thing in med school? or (B) interspersed throughout the first year along with other classes?

Med 1 & Med 2 years: (C) learn "normal" physiology M1 (aka, how stuff works) then pathology M2? or (D) learn everything about a particular system, normal & abnormal, at the same time during both M1 & M2?

(A) sounds like it would be easier to master the material & get it out of the way, but perhaps (B) would give you more time to learn the material and also maybe let you integrate it more with the physiology as you're learning it.

(C) sounds like it would be good because you'd have to remember/review the normal during 2nd year when you learn abnormal. But maybe (D) would be more time-effective if you don't have to take that time reviewing things from the year before.

any ideas/opinions? These seem like big differences but I don't know which I like better (and it might really help me decide on a school more easily, since I'm quickly running out of time)
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.