Letter after waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chmp5Flox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted from my top choice school so I am going to have a support letter from my supervisor sent in. But if the waitlist is not moving until May or June, when do you think is the good time to send the letter? Should I do it as early as possible or make it closer to May or June?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not going to help.

I got waitlisted from my top choice school so I am going to have a support letter from my supervisor sent in. But if the waitlist is not moving until May or June, when do you think is the good time to send the letter? Should I do it as early as possible or make it closer to May or June?

You should also try to send in update letters and letters of interests to the admissions office along with that letter. I don't know how much a letter makes a difference in coming off the waitlist (according to Goro, it doesn't), but it'll show your continued interest in the school. Make sure to space them apart appropriately though. I don't think it'll matter much when you send it in.

Reactions: 1 user
I would wait to send that letter, at least a month. But do include updates and letters of continued interest every now and then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user