Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Letter after waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Chmp5Flox, 01.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Chmp5Flox

Chmp5Flox

Pre-Medical
    I got waitlisted from my top choice school so I am going to have a support letter from my supervisor sent in. But if the waitlist is not moving until May or June, when do you think is the good time to send the letter? Should I do it as early as possible or make it closer to May or June?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    It's not going to help.

4. nemo123

nemo123 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You should also try to send in update letters and letters of interests to the admissions office along with that letter. I don't know how much a letter makes a difference in coming off the waitlist (according to Goro, it doesn't), but it'll show your continued interest in the school. Make sure to space them apart appropriately though. I don't think it'll matter much when you send it in.

smarts1 likes this.
  5. T3ckFr3s

T3ckFr3s

I would wait to send that letter, at least a month. But do include updates and letters of continued interest every now and then.

Last edited: 01.14.14
    mdhopeeful likes this.

About the ads