1FutureDDS

Dani California
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
I got a letter from Baylor today. This letter contains a packet including an application to University of North Texas. If I complete the 1 year program with atleast a 3.25, and 18 on my DAT(Which I already have), I will be ensured acceptance for BCD Fall 2006. This program is based around preparing the student(s) for the first year of dental school.

Anyone heard of this PBP program before, or know anything about University of North Texas?

The program has a decent price, but it also includes a stipend to pay for tuition, living, books and such. It also mentions that I will continue to get this stipend upon entering BCD Fall 2006.

I consider no price is too much if you are guaranteed acceptance to become a dentist in Texas. Help me out here!!

t12kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
1FutureDDS said:
I got a letter from Baylor today. This letter contains a packet including an application to University of North Texas. If I complete the 1 year program with atleast a 3.25, and 18 on my DAT(Which I already have), I will be ensured acceptance for BCD Fall 2006. This program is based around preparing the student(s) for the first year of dental school.

Anyone heard of this PBP program before, or know anything about University of North Texas?

The program has a decent price, but it also includes a stipend to pay for tuition, living, books and such. It also mentions that I will continue to get this stipend upon entering BCD Fall 2006.

I consider no price is too much if you are guaranteed acceptance to become a dentist in Texas. Help me out here!!
if it is guaranteed acceptance, do it!! i would do it, if i were you!

CuRy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Status
1FutureDDS said:
I heard about this program at another dental school. Each year, this school recruits extra ten candidates for its Post-Baccalaureate Program. It selects from its pool of applications. It like these candidates but they are not ready to the challenge of D1. It put these candidates in the Post-Bacc Program for a year and guarantee a seat for them if they pass the courses with a certain grade, like this gentlement's case. This Post-Bacc Program is not stand alone like we usually see in a graduate school. Congratulation man!
After you join this program, you still could apply to other dental schools next year if you don't like this dental school or you don't satisfy its GPA.

BigJ77

BlackIce
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
everywhere
Status
1FutureDDS said:

I heard that that program was pretty difficult to get. They only accept 8 fellows a year. It is definitely worth doing. If you do not mind me asking...what are you stats (GPA/DAT)? Thanks!