Letter from USUHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluecabinet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter in the mail today saying that:

USUHS got my MCAT score from AAMC Med Mar publication and noted my scores are either competitive or nearly competitive as an applicant.

How did they receive my MCAT score? I have NOT submitted my app yet....

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter in the mail today saying that:

USUHS got my MCAT score from AAMC Med Mar publication and noted my scores are either competitive or nearly competitive as an applicant.

How did they receive my MCAT score? I have NOT submitted my app yet....

When signing up for the MCAT, I think there's a checkbox that authorizes release of your scores to certain organizations for recruiting purposes.

I got the letter too. Am now considering applying due to no tuition + stipend but then 7 years of serving in the military sounds like a big commitment...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the letter too. Am now considering applying due to no tuition + stipend but then 7 years of serving in the military sounds like a big commitment...

Do a LOT of reading before you're swayed by an email. Check out the military medicine forum here, it has some great information and helpful perspectives. It isn't a decision to make lightly. :)

OP, the other posters were correct that they got your information from the MCAT and not AMCAS.

Is that 7 years post-residency?

Is that 7 years post-residency?

Essentially, yes. The total time commitment is 15-16 years including medical school. I believe that officially your time in medical school counts towards fulfilling your obligation, but you are forced into a military residency, which counts as "training time" that adds to your obligation.