letter message from AMCAS!! help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmed44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted AMCAS this morning and it sent me an email with this message in it:

"You have listed at least one letter that has not been assigned to any of your designated medical schools. AMCAS will
not send these letters until you make the school assignments and resubmit your application."

**My letters have not been sent to AMCAS yet. I understand that this is ok.

The letter names are in the submitted AMCAS application, but I did not indicate which letters go to the one school I designated. Do I need to really do this and resubmit?

CONFUSED

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you not designate the letters to go to schools? You probably know which letters you will submit to each school right now. Just assign the letters and wait for them to arrive. Letters are important for the secondary, not the primary, so you can be complete and verified without AMCAS receiving your letters.

"You have listed at least one letter that has not been assigned to any of your designated medical schools. AMCAS will not send these letters until you make the school assignments and resubmit your application."

Looks like you don't need advice from us. AMCAS even told you that you have to resubmit your application.