1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter of appreciation for interviews

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by SW-Adrian, Jan 5, 2001.

1. SW-Adrian

SW-Adrian Member
    10+ Year Member

I was just wondering if it is a good idea to write a letter to the interviewers for at least our top three choices?

------------------
    Adrian Zai
    Scutwork.com

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. At several places I was told that if I was seriously interested (these are places that are interviewing 100+people for 4 categorical surg spots) that I should contact the residents and express such a desire. Obviously a letter of interest would be helpful as well; as long as you keep contact.

In addition, I would recommend having one of your professors, preferably the Chief of the IM department, call your top 3 choices and tell them how impressed you were, etc. with the program. I was offered this by a Chief of Surg and when I asked about having him do this was told in no uncertain terms, that it would be well received. You can't have him call a bunch of places, but 1 or 2 calls wouldn't be inappropriate.

IMHO, expressing your interest in a program, especially if you can list reasons why it would be right for you, will only help your application.