Letter of Evaluation Matching form necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cindy82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi to everyone on this forum,

This is my first posting, and I am planning to apply this summer.

Not sure if the same question has already been raised, but is the letter of evaluation matching form necessary if I am planning to send in the rec letters together with my application?

Thanks for any imput! :)

Members don't see this ad.

yes it is as things sometimes get mixed up by AADSAS.

do everything according to AADSAS guidelines and leave them little room to delay your app.

good luck!

This is what I found from AADSAS site:

SUBMITTING YOUR OFFICIAL LETTERS OF EVALUATION/RECOMMENDATION TO AADSAS
1. Applicant Submits Official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation

Request your Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation as early as possible to give your evaluators/recommenders sufficient time to respond to your request and to return the official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation in a sealed envelope with the evaluator/recommender?s signature written across the envelope flap.

Letters must be submitted on official stationary and signed by the evaluator/recommender.

AADSAS will not process any Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation that exhibits evidence of tampering.

Evaluator/Recommender Submits Letters of Evaluation/ Recommendation Directly to AADSAS

Official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation may also be sent directly to AADSAS by the evaluator/recommender. When letters of evaluation/recommendation are sent directly from the health advisor?s office or individual faculty members, applicants should follow these additional instructions. An AADSAS Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form must be downloaded and printed. Complete the form and submit it to your health advisor or individual evaluators/recommenders to request that your official Letter(s) of Evaluation/Recommendation be forwarded to AADSAS. Ask your health advisor or evaluator/recommender to attach the AADSAS Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form to the letter. If your Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation is under a different name than the one on your AADSAS application, AADSAS will not be able to match the Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation with your application materials without the Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form. The omission will delay the processing of your documents being mailed to the dental schools.

Please do not request that the Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation be sent to AADSAS before June 1.

So I guess you don't need to unless the evaluator(s) sends it directly to AADSAS. But it won't hurt if the matching form is attached no matter which option you choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Musketeer said:
This is what I found from AADSAS site:

SUBMITTING YOUR OFFICIAL LETTERS OF EVALUATION/RECOMMENDATION TO AADSAS
1. Applicant Submits Official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation

Request your Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation as early as possible to give your evaluators/recommenders sufficient time to respond to your request and to return the official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation in a sealed envelope with the evaluator/recommender?s signature written across the envelope flap.

Letters must be submitted on official stationary and signed by the evaluator/recommender.

AADSAS will not process any Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation that exhibits evidence of tampering.

Evaluator/Recommender Submits Letters of Evaluation/ Recommendation Directly to AADSAS

Official Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation may also be sent directly to AADSAS by the evaluator/recommender. When letters of evaluation/recommendation are sent directly from the health advisor?s office or individual faculty members, applicants should follow these additional instructions. An AADSAS Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form must be downloaded and printed. Complete the form and submit it to your health advisor or individual evaluators/recommenders to request that your official Letter(s) of Evaluation/Recommendation be forwarded to AADSAS. Ask your health advisor or evaluator/recommender to attach the AADSAS Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form to the letter. If your Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation is under a different name than the one on your AADSAS application, AADSAS will not be able to match the Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation with your application materials without the Letter of Evaluation/Recommendation Matching Form. The omission will delay the processing of your documents being mailed to the dental schools.

Please do not request that the Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation be sent to AADSAS before June 1.

So I guess you don't need to unless the evaluator(s) sends it directly to AADSAS. But it won't hurt if the matching form is attached no matter which option you choose.

I would still submit the matching form in either case. With a sealed letter, I would put the entire sealed letter in a bigger envelope and enclose the matching form with it. Personally, I believe in self-addressed, postage paid mailers for people who are going to write letters for you. Another option is to use Interfolio, many professors are very happy to electronically submit rec letters and you can upload your matching form to be sent along with the letter.

sxr71 posted exactly what I would do. You never know what AADSAS will lose--and it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when it comes to things that could potentially delay your application. AADSAS will delay it enough (that's what you're paying them for!) :D