disruptor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2005
Status
Hey guys,

I got my professors to write me letters of recommendation, but since the letter of Evaluation Matching Form isn't available for the 2006 cycle that basically means I can't get them to send it out until AADSAS makes the whole application available with the form. Or is there another way to send it earlier? I called today during a break at school but was put on hold for too long so couldn't find out.

Thanks

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
unfortunately, there's no way to send the letters to AADSAS early. If you do, they're just lose it. You can check whether your school's career center has a letter service where you can store the letters, or you might just have to have the profs send it out in May. May's only 3 months away, I'm sure they'll remember you.

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
disruptor said:
Hey guys,

I got my professors to write me letters of recommendation, but since the letter of Evaluation Matching Form isn't available for the 2006 cycle that basically means I can't get them to send it out until AADSAS makes the whole application available with the form. Or is there another way to send it earlier? I called today during a break at school but was put on hold for too long so couldn't find out.

Thanks
if your school doesn't have a Pre-health Professions Office.. then maybe this could help you out.

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Visit site
Status
Dentist
disruptor said:
Hey guys,

Thanks
If you really need to, just print out this year form and change the year to 2006 (On Acrobat if you can, if not, white-it-out and photocopy the change). This form is for the benefit of AADSAS so it doesn't matter about the appearance or not being the original document. Basically, the LOR matching forms are the same year to year. Maybe the appearance is a little different, that's all.

Irene010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2004
Louisville, KY
Status
I would also be hesitant to send anything to AADSAS earlier than May. They won't expect or be ready to start recieving anything for the 2006 cycle until May rolls around, and even when they are ready to start receiving stuff, they're still disorganized. Most profs won't mind waiting til May to send everything off, if you just explain the situation. But great job on being ahead of the game and having everything ready to go ahead of time...you're doing youself an amazing favor! :thumbup: