1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letter of intent, correct destination and results???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sng33, Mar 11, 2002.

1. sng33

sng33 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Those of you who sent out a letter of intent, who did you send it to interviewer, dean of admissions, or the admissions comittee and what has been the result of each heard back acceptance, waitlist, rejected. Lets see if we can get a better idea of which adresee
    we get the best result with.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sng33

sng33 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

4. ssd

ssd Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i sent a letter of intent to the admissions committee at mcp hahnemann. i was accepted.

5. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I didn't really send out a letter of intent, but rather an "update" packet to my favorite three schools, with which I included a "letter of enthusiasm," per se. :) I basically reiterated why I was so interested in each school. I sent each packet to the dean/director of admissions at each school. I haven't heard from the last of the them yet (and to tell you the truth, I don't expect an acceptance), but I was accepted to two of the three. I think that if you're very interested in a school, it can be beneficial to let them know!!! :)

Hope this helps. . . .

6. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Here'a a question: WHEN do you send the letter? After you are on a wait list? Can you send it before?

I would send it directly to the Dean of Admissions, and probably another copy to my interiewer---is that weird? Do we send it to one person? Oh, I would also call the school and ask before even wiritng it, since some don't accept any new additions to the application.

7. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Foxy,

I really think that you can send it whenever you choose. Sending it beforehand might help you to earn an acceptance in the first place. . . although if you're indeed waitlisted afterward, from what I've heard I'd recommend sending an ADDITIONAL letter. I might be wary of sending identical copies to both the interviewer and the Dean, simply because oftentimes materials that reach the interviewer get funneled right into your file, so essentially there will be two copies of the same letter in your records. . . that might not help much. Maybe send the interviewer something a little more personal or tailored to the interview itself?

And calling first definitely sounds like a great idea! :)