Letter of intent: how short is too short?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so for my number one choice of school: i sent thank you notes to all the interviewers after my interview; then sent another thank you note to PD after my second look visit.

i just sent a letter of intent to this schol explaining my interest. i wanted to keep it short so its 7-8 lines long email the PD. in retrospect, i'm thinking was it too short? should i have included 2-3 paragraphs explaining why i love their school?

Members don't see this ad.

so for my number one choice of school: i sent thank you notes to all the interviewers after my interview; then sent another thank you note to PD after my second look visit.

i just sent a letter of intent to this schol explaining my interest. i wanted to keep it short so its 7-8 lines long email the PD. in retrospect, i'm thinking was it too short? should i have included 2-3 paragraphs explaining why i love their school?

Since the letter of intent is an imaginary thing, you can make it as long or as short as you want.

Members don't see this ad :)

7-8 lines is not too short at all. It's kind of long lol.

The intent of your message is felt in the words you say, not how many words it takes to say them.