Letter of intent - mention other acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted898470

So I just interviewed at my top choice, already sent in a thank you letter. When should I send in letter of intent?

They said that a very few of us may hear back as early as mid Dec, or as late as April-June due to AMCAS rules.

Also, would mentioning another MD acceptance make it carry weight or will it just have them saying have fun over there? How do I do it tactfully?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just interviewed at my top choice, already sent in a thank you letter. When should I send in letter of intent?

They said that a very few of us may hear back as early as mid Dec, or as late as April-June due to AMCAS rules.

Also, would mentioning another MD acceptance make it carry weight or will it just have them saying have fun over there? How do I do it tactfully?

"I have been very fortunate to receive an acceptance at another allopathic medical school, however..."

Don't bother with naming the institution, but I do think it's advisable to include the term "allopathic" in this correspondence.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They told us that the adcom is meeting next week. Should I send it in now or use it if I get on a waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The new traffic rules change everything...

Used to be if you had no acceptances, they'd know and laugh. Of course you'd attend!

But now, they need to weigh your interest along with theirs, so your intent and their competition both matter.

Reactions: 1 user